South Carolina is in shambles; Bobo named newest OC

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The officiating crew was bad, no question...but to say it handed us the win is laughably misguided.

The poor spot (that wasn't reviewed) directly led to 3 points for them in the first half and the refs missed an OL downfield on their flea flicker that should have been called that directly led to a TD; so their protests we had 14 points "handed to us" fall somewhat on deaf ears on that basis alone. At best, thats a +4 balance to us and it was an 11 point final score--but 18 points in the 4th quarter with us playing prevent defense. Sorry, the scoreboard doesn't lie.

And the thing that USCe fans forget is we already KNOW the Muschump song and dance: it's NEVER his fault. Bad officiating calls have gone against us for decades--good coaches find a way to rise above and not have it matter. Muschump isn't a good coach and this is part of why he never will be.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ref's can certainly change the complexion of a game, but I'd be telling the players to never put the refs in a position to effect the game. Beat your opponent so bad the refs can't make a difference.
Affect!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think that was a holding call. However I could be mistaken I was pretty drunk. (Baby shower)
I don't blame you, baby showers are typically drunken, raucous affairs that legends are made of. I'm surprised you remember anything about the game at all quite frankly.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
B93hhlLIUAAo0pU.jpg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

You are correct, I am not. Is this where I blame Gainesville public schools? I was taught 'affect' was like 'affection' in that it was a feeling, not an actual change, which kinda aligns with the distinction laid out below but misinterpreted by either my young self or the adult who taught me.

Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here's the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's already been said. Bad officiating on both sides. Filing grievances is common. Airing it out in public not-so-much. I have a feeling they'll be getting even more no-calls in the future thanks to his public shaming campaign.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Who said there’s anything wrong with it? I’m all about accountability for the officials, but there is the professional way to handle these situations and the Muschamp way. Musdump already made a complete azzhole of himself on the field during the game and he and Ray continue to act like jilted lovers a week after the game wrapped.

Winning coaches expend energy and focus on improving factors that they can control. Coaches have no control over officiating so why waste time worrying about it? Dump should’ve said his peace on Saturday and then STFU. Handle officiating issues through back channels, not in the public.

You said in many more words just what I did, there is a process and it should not be a public one.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You are correct, I am not. Is this where I blame Gainesville public schools? I was taught 'affect' was like 'affection' in that it was a feeling, not an actual change, which kinda aligns with the distinction laid out below but misinterpreted by either my young self or the adult who taught me.

Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here's the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change
Admitting an error of any kind is foreign to this board. If repeated, it could probably lead to a ban.
One way to avoid this is to move the goalposts. Or you could claim a typo. Lots of ways to prevent fellow posters from suspecting that you are a mature adult.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Admitting an error of any kind is foreign to this board. If repeated, it could probably lead to a ban.
One way to avoid this is to move the goalposts. Or you could claim a typo. Lots of ways to prevent fellow posters from suspecting that you are a mature adult.
:lol: This is the type sarcasm I come here for.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The officiating crew was bad, no question...but to say it handed us the win is laughably misguided.

The poor spot (that wasn't reviewed) directly led to 3 points for them in the first half and the refs missed an OL downfield on their flea flicker that should have been called that directly led to a TD; so their protests we had 14 points "handed to us" fall somewhat on deaf ears on that basis alone. At best, thats a +4 balance to us and it was an 11 point final score--but 18 points in the 4th quarter with us playing prevent defense. Sorry, the scoreboard doesn't lie.

And the thing that USCe fans forget is we already KNOW the Muschump song and dance: it's NEVER his fault. Bad officiating calls have gone against us for decades--good coaches find a way to rise above and not have it matter. Muschump isn't a good coach and this is part of why he never will be.
I hate to throw cold water on this post but the SCar drive with the bad spot ended with a punt.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When did men start going to baby showers?
My wife made me go to my my son's (our first). So I did what any red blooded American male would do. I called a couple of my drinking buddies, had a keg delivered, and sat out by the pool drinking and grilling while the wimmens sat inside and did whatever the hell wimmens do at those things.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
F him, he lost to Georgia F’n Southern. He’s not qualified to be the head coach of a pee wee football team much less an FBS team.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I hate to throw cold water on this post but the SCar drive with the bad spot ended with a punt.

Just rewatched the opening drive, and you are correct. So I stand corrected on that front as well.

It was a really bad game from an officiating standpoint. But I don't think it dictated the win as WM is trying to imply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.