South Carolina opens new $50 million football facility

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Funny that many schools are on their second or even third new building or majo reno while we sit still, thinking about maybe upgrading baseball and softball first.

I really am a pretty peaceable dude. I've never been one to go looking for a fight; but I swear every time I watch one of these from schools like UK and USCe I want to punch Foley right in his big stupid face.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really am a pretty peaceable dude. I've never been one to go looking for a fight; but I swear every time I watch one of these from schools like UK and USCe I want to punch Foley right in his big stupid face.
Look, I said long, long ago I dislike Fooley on a personal level. It has to do with the way he treated a friend of mine who used to work in the ADO.

That being said, he is a Gator and he loves the school. There is no doubt in my mind he probably thought that Florida sells itself and we don't need bells and whistles. I guess I thought it did too. I didn't even think it was possible to have us looking up at Cowbell and Kintucky. That being said, he should have figured it out quickly. It was his job.

When you run a 150million per year entity you get graded on how well you perform and rarely get a chance to fvkk up twice much less three times.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They could have spent $100 million. Still not going to get them anymore wins because they still have that buffoon Chimp as their coach.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
South Carolina is putting the finishing touches on its new $50 million football headquarters, and gave the public a virtual tour on Sunday night.

$49 million of which was spent on replacement dry erase boards

Muschamp-Punch.0.gif

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Tearing down the baseball stadium and giving that land to the football program is the right call.

Building a new, awesome baseball stadium for our great baseball team is also the right call.

The problem is in the sequencing and the delays created, which are screwing us. Also, what's the plan for upgrading our Section 8 athlete housing? Still nothing? With the new land freed up by demolishing the baseball stadium, it seems we have some new land for building a football dorm. Why isn't that on the plan?

Couldn't disagree more about tearing down a perfectly good baseball stadium and spending $65M on a new one. Not only is that an obscene amount to spend on baseball, but it is also stalling football by years. Should have already broken ground on the new football facility where the parking structure is or moved the whole thing to where they're planning to build the baseball stadium. That would free up the $65M we're wasting on baseball so we can spend it on football.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Seriously, where would we even find the room if we didn’t wait on baseball to be moved?

ECF025CA-7142-43EC-9689-E270302DF528.jpeg

It’s ridiculous, but either of these spots - - the presidents house or track that hosts 4 events a year - - could work great. The baseball stadium moving issue is just more incompetence.

No, I’m not calling the Byrd in to discuss UAA debt, which would be smaller if we weren’t also rebuilding a baseball stadium.

Last edited:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's just a very low priority for the university in general. Students aren't going to Florida to watch football and party any more, they're going there to learn advanced mathematics, bury themselves in world-changing research laboratories, and study 24 hours a day. When they go after donors, they're looking to pile on the endowment, not upgrade the football dorms.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Seriously, where would we even find the rooming we didn’t wait on baseball to be moved?

It’s ridiculous, but either of these spots - - the presidents house or track that hosts 4 events a year - - could work great. The baseball stadium moving issue is just more incompetence..
Move the darn track stadium first. I doubt any of us here have ever set foot in there. Moving it could be done in a year by putting some Doak like erector set seating and an office/locker room anywhere else. Hell, let them use G’ville H.S.

Once moved, put in some section 200 housing to replace the section 8. Seriously, it’s track and that’s prime real estate

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
Nice looking facility. If I were looking at schools and winning was not a concern, I'd go there.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It's brutal to open every thread and see 10 posts complaining about Jeremy Foley and 20 more telling everyone how it *should* be done.
There's an even easier solution to your problem than the UAA has regarding building new facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator