Sport talk radio listeners

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n167081 said:
Really? I feel like when I was down there Duemig was nothing like that. When I was driving back to St. Pete from Gainesville for the Gator's second national championship win in BBALL, Duemig was the only person who was commenting on how every ticky tack foul was called on our bigs and nothing was called on Oden in an attempt to keep OSU in the game. I wasn't complaining about the victory, but that crap really chapped me during that game. I was glad somebody pointed it out, and how if Oden couldn't play a solid game against the Gators (with discernible future NBA talent) then he should never be a number one pick. I do remember him talking a lot of Golf. That was awful. Glad Dan is gone. He and his show were train wrecks.

I would say that the 04's were an exception to Duemig, where he really liked those guys. He was big on that team. I have been listening to him off and on since '02. He has gotten worse over the last 5 + years.

Dec 10, 2014
TheDouglas78;n167096 said:
I would say that the 04's were an exception to Duemig, where he really liked those guys. He was big on that team. I have been listening to him off and on since '02. He has gotten worse over the last 5 + years.

That would make a ton of sense as I have been gone almost exactly five years. I do remember one asinine thing he said that I called him out on pretty well. He was always kind of bitter that northern transplants would move to the area and keep cheering for the Red Sox/Yankees. He thought when they moved to a new town then their allegiance should immediately shift to the hometown team. That was putrid logic, and I called in and let him have it on things such as "loyalty" and "consistency."

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of a great poster

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n167102 said:
That would make a ton of sense as I have been gone almost exactly five years. I do remember one asinine thing he said that I called him out on pretty well. He was always kind of bitter that northern transplants would move to the area and keep cheering for the Red Sox/Yankees. He thought when they moved to a new town then their allegiance should immediately shift to the hometown team. That was putrid logic, and I called in and let him have it on things such as "loyalty" and "consistency."

The whole "Unity in the Community" line.... I remember that well.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n167073 said:
I like to get a National perective on Sirius 91 with Taylor Zarzous and Greg McElroy
It's the best show on the air, no doubt. McElroy carries it. He's very sharp, studied and well spoken. He was the color analyst in sever National telecasts this year and did well. I like Chris Childers too. He brings the passion.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n167107 said:
Seeing the title of this thread reminded me of a great poster
:lol:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I live in the Orlando area and always listen to Mike Tuck and Jerry O'Neil on 1080 from 3-6 pm whenever I can. They have been on for years and are really good and funny.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n167139 said:
It's the best show on the air, no doubt. McElroy carries it. He's very sharp, studied and well spoken. He was the color analyst in sever National telecasts this year and did well. I like Chris Childers too. He brings the passion.

McElroy has been pretty good in his SEC Network stuff and ESPN work.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Jbossgator8 said:
I live in the Orlando area and always listen to Mike Tuck and Jerry O'Neil on 1080 from 3-6 pm whenever I can. They have been on for years and are really good and funny.

I listen to them from time to time, I love Jerry thats 1 crazy man. Brady Ack was teamed up with him a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.