Sports Illustrated ranks UF 5th in state in post-Spring Top 25

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We wouldn't wipe the floor with fau. Not with franks at qb.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/05/10/preseason-rankings-spring-practice-top-25

#6 scum
#14 ucf
#24 FAU
#25 free shoes u

Wow. Behind. F. A. U.

:banghead:

Thanks Foley!

Your shtick is so old, and so obvious. At least a troll like GolfinDwag has the balls to show up here with his true allegiance, rather than hide behind some bullshyt persona. How is it possible for someone's life to be so miserable or pathetic to pretend to be a "fan" and post on a rival board?

This is the most lame, most ridiculous click-bait "article" and one of thousands of "way too early" polls, yet you just somehow felt "obligated" to start a totally new thread to tear down a Gator team that everyone knows is not where it needs to be.

Seriously.......pathetic.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/05/10/preseason-rankings-spring-practice-top-25

#6 scum
#14 ucf
#24 FAU
#25 free shoes u

Wow. Behind. F. A. U.

:banghead:

Thanks Foley!

Meh...this poll lost all credibility with me putting UM at six (truth be told, they probably lost me at #4 Washington). Ranking Richt and the Canes that high is laughable. UCF takes a step back this season and FAU plays in a weak conference so it’s difficult to take them seriously. Also, as far as preseason polls go, they probably have Georgia too low as much as that pains me to say it. The East is theirs for the taking with us being an unknown quantity that’s in rebuild mode.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Omar the nole always tears down the gators while claiming to be one...
Yeah, it's one thing to be realistic to pessimistic about the future, it's another to do so while swallowing Null jizz and worshipping their players and coaches. I don't know who the hell Omar thinks he is fooling.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even with Mullen walking the sideline, I'd put my money on the Gators against all of these teams.

(small bets)

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
In no other state would the flagship university ever rank 5th in its own state in football in any poll. Even if the poll was not an accurate poll this wouldn't happen. There are either a lot of pretty good football teams in Florida or we really suck to where something like this is even a figment of the imagination.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In no other state would the flagship university ever rank 5th in its own state in football in any poll. Even if the poll was not an accurate poll this wouldn't happen. There are either a lot of pretty good football teams in Florida or we really suck to where something like this is even a figment of the imagination.

Actually this poll says we are 6th in Florida!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just another reason for us to slit our wrists...and yet...no games have been played this season...why can't we be patient to actually see how the team plays under the new coaching staff?? Who cares about rankings in May?!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is very likely. They are a senior heavy team.

Not this year, this should be a blowout (something 24-10):

Colorado State reloads after a disappointing 2017 finish
Mike Bobo’s Colorado State has flashed just enough upside to make 7-6 disappointing. Now comes a pretty big retooling job.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...o-state-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

Five key points:

1. Bobo has taken CSU to three straight bowls, and the Rams have been to five straight overall. But they’ve left quite a few wins on the table, too.
  2. The expected 2017 breakthrough didn’t come to fruition, in part because of a late-season defensive collapse. New coordinator John Jancek will be tasked with addressing that.
  3. Jancek inherits personnel that, frankly, seems more suited to his 4-3 than his predecessor’s 3-4. Defensive improvement could offset offensive regression.
  4. Indeed, the offense will regress. Can a grad-transfer QB and a bunch of exciting sophomores make up for the loss of eight starters?
  5. The schedule features enough cakey games to give the Rams a good shot at a sixth straight bowl. That’s the goal for this lowered-bar season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FIU doesnt want any of this. We are a solid top5 team for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator