Spring Camp opens

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As much as our QBs look mediocre in these videos, it stands out more how slowly we are running the routes. Seems 3/4 pace for most reps. Maybe that is on purpose since the press only gets some early practice windows. But it makes these drills and throws even less meaningful.
Noticed that too, looks like kids are jogging half the time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just out of curiosity, where would the defender be on this play? To the outside, where this pass was supposed to be placed? Or to the inside where it ended up being, even with RP slowing his route down? Excluding a handful of games on our schedule, this is yet again a pass that would be broken up or a pick-6. On a routine out route pass, with no defenders affecting the QB.

Either we have the absolute worst eye for QB talent, or we have zero coaching ability at the position. One or both needs to change and quickly. I’m a Napier fan and want him to succeed here, but that’s reality.
It was supposed to be exactly where you thought it was supposed to be. All that throw does is get our best receiver blown up in a game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It was supposed to be exactly where you thought it was supposed to be. All that throw does is get our best receiver blown up in a game.

Exactly. Though I think Pearsall may be used to that after some of the throws last year. I thought he might be dead on that hit he took early in the A&M game.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The Blurrrrrr is such a Florida 7v7 football thing. We need our homegrown dudes staying and keeping that “culture”, even if a bit absurd, home.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couple notes I read on the scrimmage.

1. DL looks to have depth
2. Defense outpaced offense as expected as it’s the 1st scrimmage
3. Mertz is leading. But not by much over Miller and Brown.
4. QB play is average
5. Shemar James has been outstanding
6. Jason Marshall is turning into a lockdown corner
7. Slaughter might overtake Egauken
8. There were way more passes to RBs than last year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

4. QB play is average
More passes to RBs is a good thing "if they can catch". Wright was our best pass catching RB and he's gone. Hope 'Trell and Trevor are working their butts off with the jugs machines.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More passes to RBs is a good thing "if they can catch". Wright was our best pass catching RB and he's gone. Hope 'Trell and Trevor are working their butts off with the jugs machines.
Montrell had a huge catch in the scrimmage and supposedly about killed a defender running over him.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
12-0, you warthog-faced buffoon. Looking forward to throwing it into your hating face all season. I think Mertz is going to play well - better than AR15 in fact, who cost us about 6 games with his nonsense.
Looking forward to be proven wrong by you for once.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

4. QB play is average
Love 7 & 8.

I remember Slaughter getting punked in a camp video. Hope he can hold it down if he gets the chance. He was kind of an end of process take by our previous staff. Good for him if he steps up.

I would gladly sacrifice a TE occasionally for a two RB set. Good luck locating them over our skyscraper OL.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
groundhog day suicide GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's Mertz' to lose imo. I'm pretty sure it's known and it's motivating the other guys. That's not a bad thing.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t kill myself. The way I read that is you could be the 4th string QB of the Florida Gators this season and not totally out of the running to start. Look at you. That’s fantastic.
Kerwin Bell was 6th string prior to fall camp.

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You've been posting way too much this year. I'm limiting your posts to 3 a day until further notice, with the intention of raising the IQ of the board, at least a little. Make them count - if I see a 4th post in a 24 hour period, you will get a vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.