• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The overriding worry is : does Trask, as a foolish "penny stock", keep a useful player out by occupying that player's scholarship ?
But still, we don't know if Trask might be a bruising runner while being an effective passing attack.?? Right up Mullen's alley ?

I don’t think so this spring, catching up with the 2018 cycle and all. Plus they haven’t had a real chance to evaluate anyone really yet. Last year’s tape was such an implosion plus the injuries it doesn’t give enough perspective. But they will need and will have enough attrition to get the 2019 class up to 24-25 or slightly more. I expect one or more QBs will seek other opportunities after the spring game. We many never know by whose volition.

But remember Shane was a forgotten man, a down and out afterthought gambling bust (kind of like he is today...) when our SOS arrived.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But remember Shane was a forgotten man, a down and out afterthought gambling bust (kind of like he is today...) when our SOS arrived.
Yes, bc Shane, a high school all state QB was a lot like an NAIA kid (at best) who hasnt started a game since 7th grade.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yes, bc Shane, a high school all state QB was a lot like an NAIA kid (at best) who hasnt started a game since 7th grade.

Actually such a surprise would be Toney, who does have the skill set to run Mullen’s offense. Just undersized. Trask is a statue and Allen would have a long way to go (as I noted above.)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It really would be best if these columnists would just leave Trask’s name out of the discussion until there is actually tangible evidence that he belongs there. It only opens the door to him getting bashed on here. I mean law’s now got him not tossing a meaningful pass post 12 years of age, and ATX wants to throw him out there like a medieval foot soldier on the frontlines so our real players don’t get hurt. It’s brutal.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

So the guy who didnt play in HS bc he couldnt run is our next running QB?

You people are hilarious.

If compared to the WR they had playing QB at that HS? Then the answer is no. If you’re comparing him to John Brantley? Yes. He can run a little.

The kid surprised me in that first spring game. He can run.... some..... I don’t think he’s gonna ever be a starter here....but people forget he was also hurt in last years spring game. We just didn’t know it until after... but he had surgery within days of that spring game from an apparent injury he received in spring training...

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You fvkking people are insane.

Trash and probably Allen are gone this semester.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would LOVE it if Trask were to play some. You would jump off the nearest cliff.
There will be WRs moving to QB first.

I know Mullinz well enough to know he isnt playing some Butters special piece of shyt.

Many will be gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
II mean law’s now got him not tossing a meaningful pass post 12 years of age
He hasnt STARTED since then.

His high school career was the equivalent of 2.5 games in mop up duty.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You fvkking people are insane.

Trash and probably Allen are gone this semester.

Do you think Trask would have been much worse than Franks? Heck Franks started in high school and played good winging it but looked lost as hell as a starter in college showing no improvement as he got more experience - even in things coaching shouldn't really have an affect. Not saying I am predicting Trask will be # 2 in the pecking order when the season starts but it certainly wouldn't shock me with how Franks played.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same shyp every year.... nothing could be worse than Treon.... nothing could be worse than LDR.... nothing he worse than Franks.

Every fvkking year.

And some listen to the Bowl and talk about whatever fifth string walkon QB he is pimping, year after year.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He hasnt STARTED since then.

His high school career was the equivalent of 2.5 games in mop up duty.

Well, as the non-starting, off-the-bench QB, it's safe to say any passes he would've thrown would've been once the game had essentially been decided--one away or another--and therefore, would've carried little to no meaning.

I stand by my characterization.

And don't "all caps" me. There's no call for that tone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

giphy.gif

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Any chance we bring in a grad transfer QB? I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon Dawkins from AZ come in to at least provide depth and he is a spread option QB.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I’ll say is I saw a pic of Allen standing with his Dad right before leaving for UF and the kid looked big... like he had definitely been hitting the weights and probably aided by some creatine. So I’d imagine after spending a year on a college campus (even without creatine, the banned substance for NCAA athletes) he’s probably gotten a lot stronger and added even more muscle.

The question isn’t “can” he can put on weight.?. The question is does the kid have “any” wheels to be a serviceable QB in DM’s system.?. I’ve never seen any evidence that he does....it doesn’t mean he doesn’t... But I’ve never seen one thing suggesting he’d be any kind of running threat (ala John Brantley) My impression of him is he’s a straight up pocket passer.... unlike Alex Smith who, while he may not have previously been considered dual threat, DID possess the athleticism to become one when asked to.
Jake Allen couldn't lace John Brantleys jock strap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It really would be best if these columnists would just leave Trask’s name out of the discussion until there is actually tangible evidence that he belongs there. It only opens the door to him getting bashed on here. I mean law’s now got him not tossing a meaningful pass post 12 years of age, and ATX wants to throw him out there like a medieval foot soldier on the frontlines so our real players don’t get hurt. It’s brutal.
:lmao: its funny cause its true

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.