Spring Practice (PT 2)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone here believe that Scarlett will see a significant amount of carries this season?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;201291 said:
Does anyone here believe that Scarlett will see a significant amount of carries this season?

From a talent standpoint he may be the starter by the end of the year. But he'll get significant carries just because running backs get banged up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Learned tonight that Florida's defensive line coach Chris Rumph has been nicknamed "big sexy" by his players. @CoachRumph @CAMPBOI_FRESZH1

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: UF linebackers coach Randy Shannon said every player on the team is required to take two written tests a week.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
This story on McMillian doesn't surprise me at all. I think we're going to see many examples of how this current group of coaches find new talent already on the roster or find increased production from guys already on the roster.

Another area that I personally think will improve greatly is the play of our WRs/TEs and RBs. The only caveat to this prediction will be whether or not our O-line stays healthy.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n201295 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Learned tonight that Florida's defensive line coach Chris Rumph has been nicknamed "big sexy" by his players. @CoachRumph @CAMPBOI_FRESZH1

I guess me and coach Rump have something in common. :proud:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With the 2 probable starters out at LB it is giving a lot of reps to the other ones.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n201295 said:

That's awesome. Good sign that the players have really taken a liking to him.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n201297 said:
We need this guy to step up big time and stay healthy. We need every available LB to make big strides, which from the article it appears the last staff was just plain lousy at developing talent on both sides of the ball. The guys that did good were already freaks. So having McMillian in the rotation will definitely go a long way to helping the over all D performance.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
CaribGator;n201523 said:
We need this guy to step up big time and stay healthy. We need every available LB to make big strides, which from the article it appears the last staff was just plain lousy at developing talent on both sides of the ball. The guys that did good were already freaks. So having McMillian in the rotation will definitely go a long way to helping the over all D performance.
McMillian and Anzalone both will have big years. Book it!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Jand3k;n201342 said:
This story on McMillian doesn't surprise me at all. I think we're going to see many examples of how this current group of coaches find new talent already on the roster or find increased production from guys already on the roster.

This will undermine our criticism of WM, but I'd take it. Actually, the knock on WM was a lack of recruiting (obvious on OL and LB, and still true), and a lack of player development (still true) - this doesn't mean the talent isn't there, which would jibe with what he stated on the way out. Mabe the talent IS there, we just needed a staff that could evaluate and develop, then apply that personnel effectively. Ok, looks like I can continue to hate on WM still. Great. Oh, and go JMac and staff!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
While the numbers are low at LB and certainly at offensive line as well, the plus side is the amount of reps some guys are getting. One way or another we and especially the coaches will find out if we have some players or not. There won't be any wondering if so and so is better than the other guy at his position. While it's not an ideal situation by any means we won't be wondering why guys are and are not getting playing time. Now if the coaches are good at developing the players with the additional reps look out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator