Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It would not surprise me at all if someone gave Franks a chance. If he has another year like last year or better, someone will draft him. As long as he doesn't just implode or lose the starting job.
No argument on being drafted, but the question (the one no one but Itraz has answered) is whether he will start more NFL games than Driskel already has. Would you like to be the third to go on record?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No argument on being drafted, but the question (the one no one but Itraz has answered) is whether he will start more NFL games than Driskel already has. Would you like to be the third to go on record?
Ancient, its a dumb a question. It's impossible to answer. Franks hasn't even finished his college career and is obviously not a 1st rounder so it's impossible to predict how his pro career turns out. I do believe Franks is probably more gifted physically and mentally than driskel and will ultimately have a higher ceiling as a pro. Does that answer question? Idk if he'll luck into the Bengals or not.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Goldkamp also said, so far, Jean Delance has been our best o-lineman. He’s also our highest ranked recruiting wise. Coincidence?

He's actually #2, behind Gouraige. But yeah, we need Delance to play like a top 120 recruit. There ain't much depth on that OL - outside of the 5 current starters, the only two players who are not true freshman are Gouraige (redshirt freshman) and TJ Moore (redshirt soph) - Banks is still on the team, but his future isn't looking good. We could use a grad transfer, badly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Franks will start 2 more NFL games than Driskel.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient, its a dumb a question. It's impossible to answer. Franks hasn't even finished his college career and is obviously not a 1st rounder so it's impossible to predict how his pro career turns out. I do believe Franks is probably more gifted physically and mentally than driskel and will ultimately have a higher ceiling as a pro. Does that answer question? Idk if he'll luck into the Bengals or not.

Of course it’s a dumb question. But half of his posts are retarded.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
jd11.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FTR, I liked Driskel. Especially while he was a Gator. That doesn't mean he was great, just means I appreciate kids wanting to be Gators.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Love it when Gators get to the league and make some money.

Catching up to some of the convo....Muschamp lost the locker room when Brissett won the competition and was told he would start. Muschamp told the public he wouldn’t know til game time who would start. He then trotted out Jacoby to start....for 1 play. That didn’t go over well. Jacoby will play 10-15 years in the NFL. Really good young man. I’ve known him and Matt Elam since they were in grade school.

Franks will find a way into the league. I don’t think he will make a splash or last more than a few years. Driskel will probably get one more look somewhere. I hope they salt away a few bucks.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it’s a dumb question. But half of his posts are retarded.

Hey moderator, why don't you start a thread to continue this and clean up this Spring Practice thread?

You could call it meaningless pissing matches and continue all such discussions there!

[GIPHY="great idea"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/xT0xem7ZlZ2DOYqpG0/giphy.gif?cid=e1bb72ff5c917fb059666b5145c40d7a[/GIPHY]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I defended him, too. Right up until he transferred to to SE La Technical School for The Blind and Scooter Riders.
That was when I cheered him the most.

Im sure he is a nice enough kid. there are hundreds of millions of kids who arent good enough to be an sec qb.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Big, strong mo fo on the move:

Im hearing he is working with the 2s. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.