Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t see anyone mention this. Thomas Goldkamp said the reason Stiner is ahead of Stewart is something off the field.

odds that it's not reefer

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That says a lot about the garbage that Butters left.

We had some people on here talkin about how butters rebuilt the roster and found all those diamonds in the rough.

All I remember was tryouts from the Tuba section. Not exactly rebuilding the roster, and was called out for it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Not sure if anyone caught it, and hate to bring it up because it is most likely nothing, but when Coach Hevesy was asked if having a veteran like FF back there helps out a lot for the young OL, Coach was quick to say definitely, having guys like "Emory and Felipe" help out a lot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if anyone caught it, and hate to bring it up because it is most likely nothing, but when Coach Hevesy was asked if having a veteran like FF back there helps out a lot for the young OL, Coach was quick to say definitely, having guys like "Emory and Felipe" help out a lot.
This is the smoking gun that Emory has already won the job.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Well that’s encouraging. Here’s hoping EJ is listed first on the depth chart come fall as well.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is the smoking gun that Emory has already won the job.

What have I done?

giphy.gif

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
You seem to infer that this would only be a positive change.
Not sure how EJ beating out Franks could be anything but positive. Franks has proven to be a serviceable QB at best. If EJ beats him out that would indicate EJ might be at least above average or maybe even good.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not sure how EJ beating out Franks could be anything but positive. Franks has proven to be a serviceable QB at best. If EJ beats him out that would indicate EJ might be at least above average or maybe even good.

Franks gets hurt ... EJ becomes starter defacto with no real competition. There is a scenario. Or ... FF regresses A LOT ... EJ becomes starter defacto with no real competition. That's 2 scenarios that are negative. But yeah ... I understood what you was saying and am nitpicking. Everyone's favorite QB is always the #2 until that #2 gets in there and reality hits. Been a long 8 years and tired of that happening. Would rather the #1 progress and keep his job because he is better/best.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’ve said it all along. The incumbent threw for 2500 yards and 24 TD’s and ran for 7 more. Threw only 6 ints and led us to 10 wins. If somebody beats him out it can only bode well for the Gators. Probably means 3,000 yds and 30 tds with another 10 on the ground. That equals further success.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I’ll never understand the logic of hoping third and fourth year players that haven’t excelled retain their spot in hopes that they’ll continue to improve, instead of hoping new young talent comes in and beats them out because they’re simply better. I’ll always hope for the latter.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I’ll never understand the logic of hoping third and fourth year players that haven’t excelled retain their spot in hopes that they’ll continue to improve, instead of hoping new young talent comes in and beats them out because they’re simply better. I’ll always hope for the latter.

I hope you're right or wrong but for the betterment of our team ... that is what I hope for. Tired of binary thinkers who can only deal in the this or that realm and not critically think to see all the colors between. As for Franks ... he hasn't had any help from his coaching staff for the first part of his career. In a way, EJ and FF arrived on campus at the same time.

Last edited:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
You seem to think Franks is done growing as a QB. I don’t think he has.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

Franks has had 1 year with a QB coach. One. I’ll never understand giving up on a player that is improving before your eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator