Opens up another spot for a WDE bruh

regina-george-i-know-meme.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong kind of transfer watch! Need guys transferring who are not producing but taking up a scholarship and grad transfers at critical spots looking for a new home.

No indications this spring he was anywhere close to playing time, but a blow to already iffy future #Gators interi

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Defensive line is going to be an absolute train wreck in 2020. Well be good next year. After that, were gonna have walk ons and freshmen on the field. And as much as I like the job Mullen has done here, this is his fault.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This is ridiculous. Even if he's a bust, he's only a redshirt freshman. WTF? Like Law said, we only signed TWO in the last TWO years. They better get their sh*t together on the recruiting front/transfer market or we're f*cked. They need to shop the JUCO ranks and regular transfer market for some bodies. Talk about dire straits. The DL is going to look worse than this year's OL (depth wise) after this season. Hell, I'd take another Ancrum at this point....

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is ridiculous. Even if he's a bust, he's only a redshirt freshman. WTF? Like Law said, we only signed TWO in the last TWO years. They better get their sh*t together on the recruiting front/transfer market or we're f*cked. They need to shop the JUCO ranks and regular transfer market for some bodies. Talk about dire straits. The DL is going to look worse than this year's OL (depth wise) after this season. Hell, I'd take another Ancrum at this point....

Choker got this!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Portal!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
With Zipperer signed and two TE's/HB's committed...and likely adding a third in the Odom kid, it's time to move Dante Lang to SDE. He's listed at 6'5 253lbs last season, gotta imagine he's close to 260 now and could get up to 270+ by 2020. Here's his bio on the UF page:

Dante Lang - Football - Florida Gators

2018: Earned a redshirt as he appeared in just two games (Charleston Southern, Idaho) as a reserve tight end and special team’s contributor.

PRIOR TO FLORIDA:

Started his high school career primarily playing defensive end before switching to tight end for his senior season... Compiled 70 tackles and 20 sacks during his junior season in 2016.
.. Played for Coach Eric Davis... Chose Florida over Georgia, LSU, Virginia Tech, Arkansas and Kentucky.

leogator

May 5, 2018
With Zipperer signed and two TE's/HB's committed...and likely adding a third in the Odom kid, it's time to move Dante Lang to SDE. He's listed at 6'5 253lbs last season, gotta imagine he's close to 260 now and could get up to 270+ by 2020. Here's his bio on the UF page:

Dante Lang - Football - Florida Gators

2018: Earned a redshirt as he appeared in just two games (Charleston Southern, Idaho) as a reserve tight end and special team’s contributor.

PRIOR TO FLORIDA:

Started his high school career primarily playing defensive end before switching to tight end for his senior season... Compiled 70 tackles and 20 sacks during his junior season in 2016.
.. Played for Coach Eric Davis... Chose Florida over Georgia, LSU, Virginia Tech, Arkansas and Kentucky.
He was supposed to be our inline TE.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The transfer portal and grad transfers make recruiting shortcomings easier to fix. It's a whole new ball game now, some with 2 years to play....see OT Reese hopefully from MSU who will have 2 years to play if he graduates this month as expected.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he's currently in-line on the end of the bench. Might as well move him over, especially considering the absolute recruiting failures by this coaching staff at DT/SDE.
I wouldn't even call em failures. They haven't really tried.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The transfer portal and grad transfers make recruiting shortcomings easier to fix..
Most of these guys still have to sitout a year. This isnt as easy as you think. Not to mention that most of the time others people reject's arent good enough to play in the SEC.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of these guys still have to sitout a year. This isnt as easy as you think. Not to mention that most of the time others people reject's arent good enough to play in the SEC.

GT's are immediately eligible.....and just watch Reese impact our OLine.....have you even looked at the portal?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Langham has a right to transfer whether it was our idea or his. We have no right to know the details and that is as it should be.

Good luck to him, we will survive.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I did not say it was easy, however the portal makes it easier. Greenard for example.

I'm sure there are other portal possibilities out there....why do you think Antonneus Clayton chose to go to Georgia Tech? The portal cuts both ways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator