Spurrier admits Machen wanted Creyer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Besides the obvious age difference in Meyer and Saban, maybe he forgot the post he made just 3 or 4 post before this gem. The one where he mentioned Saban winning a national championship at LSU. You know a couple years before UF even hired Meyer.

There's no possible way swamp donkey is just one person. I'm guessing it's public computer in a detox facility and the residents just post random shyt all day and night just to fuch with us.
Its ok. I know you arent the sharpest knife in the drawer. I will type real slow for you.

Saban at LSU wasnt Saban at Bammer. Saban at LSU was mostly a 7-5 8-4 guy. He wasnt bringing home elite classes. They were good classes, but not Saban at Bammer or Creyer elite.

Obviously a job in Miami (after a few trips to Patriots) showed him how to fully oeverage staff and facilities the way the NFL had begun to do it after he left the Browns.

LSU didnt offer Saban a fountain of millions to do whatever he wanted and to have every single advanatge possible like Bammer did.

Much like Swinney at Clemson, the fountain of $$$ brought on much, but of course not all, of the success.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Saban at LSU wasnt Saban at Bammer.

Saban at LSU was mostly a 7-5 8-4 guy.

Obviously a job in Miami (after a few trips to Patriots) showed him how to fully oeverage staff and facilities the way the NFL had begun to.do it after he left the Browns.

Yeah it’s almost like he took over an Lsu team that had been a dumpster fire for the past decade and needed several years to shake that out. But that couldn’t be.

He also still averaged 9.6 wins a year, won the SEC twice and left things in good enough shape that a complete chimpanzee could step in and win a title. It may not have been the current heights we see with Alabama because I’m not sure any program puts as much emphasis on football as they do, but if he’d stayed there the Tigers would’ve been the absolute beasts over the last decade.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
There's no possible way swamp donkey is just one person. I'm guessing it's public computer in a detox facility and the residents just post random shyt all day and night just to fuch with us.
:bwahaha:

@soflagator, would you not agree that this is the second logical take you've heard today? :D

That is not only hilarious but a stroke of genius if true and makes me appreciate Bonkers Donkers all the more.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah it’s almost like he took over an Lsu team that had been a dumpster fire for the past decade and needed several years to shake that out. But that couldn’t be.

He also still averaged 9.6 wins a year, won the SEC twice and left things in good enough shape that a complete chimpanzee could step in and win a title. It may not have been the current heights we see with Alabama because I’m not sure any program puts as much emphasis on football as they do, but if he’d stayed there the Tigers would’ve been the absolute beasts over the last decade.

I guess you also forgot that National Title he won in year 3 like I can't remember who won Super Bowl 52?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know, it brings up another issue. Saban has the charisma of a toilet plunger in an interstate gas station bathroom, yet he understands how important recruiting is and prioritized hiring recruiters and stuffing his roster. He gets it done regardless.

I wish Cousin Eddie got it too.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Not to sort of address the current topic of conversation, but speaking of Saban, I heard on the radio yesterday how he is still making excuses for bailing on my Dolphins. Now he is blaming the whole thing on the Dolphins' team doctors.

He said the whole deal as he understood it was that Drew Brees was going to be his quarterback in Miami. He personally spoke with the surgeon who operated on Drew's shoulder, who assured him it was going to be 100%, so Saban was banking his own future with the Dolphins on that.

Then, when the Dolphins doctors had a different opinion and Brees failed their examination, Saban says that pulled the rug out from under him. He literally said something to the effect of, "well if I don't have a quarterback, I'm out of here."

Makes perfect sense. If you can't have the exact QB you want, you should just quit. Everybody knows there's only one QB who can win games in the NFL.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not to sort of address the current topic of conversation, but speaking of Saban, I heard on the radio yesterday how he is still making excuses for bailing on my Dolphins. Now he is blaming the whole thing on the Dolphins' team doctors.

He said the whole deal as he understood it was that Drew Brees was going to be his quarterback in Miami. He personally spoke with the surgeon who operated on Drew's shoulder, who assured him it was going to be 100%, so Saban was banking his own future with the Dolphins on that.

Then, when the Dolphins doctors had a different opinion and Brees failed their examination, Saban says that pulled the rug out from under him. He literally said something to the effect of, "well if I don't have a quarterback, I'm out of here."

Makes perfect sense. If you can't have the exact QB you want, you should just quit. Everybody knows there's only one QB who can win games in the NFL.

Dolphins suck.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Go Fuchs your mother.

Your just butthurt that Saban was right.

Brady-Super-Bowl-2-1024x577.jpg

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I found the actual quote:

“Look when the Miami Dolphins were going to sign Drew Brees, Drew was coming to Miami when I was the coach there. He was going to be the quarterback. That’s all we needed. We just went 9-7 and all we needed was a quarterback to be a playoff team. We were going to sign Drew Brees as a free agent. Dr. (James) Andrews operated on him and I went to Birmingham to see Dr. Andrews, and he said it’ll be fine. Our doctors failed him on the physical. (Drew) was there to sign with us. I actually made a deal with his agent that he wouldn’t tell anybody for 72 hours he failed his physical until New Orleans signed him. That’s how he ended up in New Orleans.

So, I decided right then when that happened that [if] we don’t have a quarterback in the NFL, we’re not going to win. I’m getting out of here. I’m not staying here. I’m not going to be responsible for this. That doctor didn’t know his (rear end) from a handful of sand. Drew Brees plays 15 more years, wins a Super Bowl, goes to nine Pro Bowls. And we didn’t take him in Miami, where he wanted to go. Some things you can’t control. When we left there nobody understood why. Well that was why. There’s always a reason.”

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I found the actual quote:

“Look when the Miami Dolphins were going to sign Drew Brees, Drew was coming to Miami when I was the coach there. He was going to be the quarterback. That’s all we needed. We just went 9-7 and all we needed was a quarterback to be a playoff team. We were going to sign Drew Brees as a free agent. Dr. (James) Andrews operated on him and I went to Birmingham to see Dr. Andrews, and he said it’ll be fine. Our doctors failed him on the physical. (Drew) was there to sign with us. I actually made a deal with his agent that he wouldn’t tell anybody for 72 hours he failed his physical until New Orleans signed him. That’s how he ended up in New Orleans.

So, I decided right then when that happened that [if] we don’t have a quarterback in the NFL, we’re not going to win. I’m getting out of here. I’m not staying here. I’m not going to be responsible for this. That doctor didn’t know his (rear end) from a handful of sand. Drew Brees plays 15 more years, wins a Super Bowl, goes to nine Pro Bowls. And we didn’t take him in Miami, where he wanted to go. Some things you can’t control. When we left there nobody understood why. Well that was why. There’s always a reason.”

That sounds a whole lot like Saban was right and Miami sucks.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
You know, that reminds me of something, dipsh*t.

When I went to see the scene of that condo tower collapse in Surfside and saw all the Tampa-area rescue crews and vehicles that had come to help, I was very moved by that. I made a few posts giving you Tampons Tampa residents props, and saying I'd be rooting for your Lightning to win.

Most of your Gay, oops, I mean Bay Area buddies gave me acknowledgements of that, which was nice. But NOTHING from you, even though I believe I tagged you in one of my posts. That hurt my tender feels. :weep:

Now I see that like a typical TAMPON, you're like a school building on Saturday: NO CLASS. :shakehead:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You know, that reminds me of something, dipsh*t.

When I went to see the scene of that condo tower collapse in Surfside and saw all the Tampa-area rescue crews and vehicles that had come to help, I was very moved by that. I made a few posts giving you Tampons Tampa residents props, and saying I'd be rooting for your Lightning to win.

Most of your Gay, oops, I mean Bay Area buddies gave me acknowledgements of that, which was nice. But NOTHING from you, even though I believe I tagged you in one of my posts. That hurt my tender feels. :weep:

Now I see that like a typical TAMPON, you're like a school building on Saturday: NO CLASS. :shakehead:

What are you talking about? Are you taking your meds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.