Spurrier attends UF practice

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/steve-spurrier-and-nfl-head-coach-attend-florida-practice

Spurrier and Jack Del Rio attend UF Practice:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Gators coach Jim McElwain had some company for Wednesday’s practice.
Former Florida and South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier and Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio were both in attendance. Del Rio’s son, Luke, is the favorite to be UF’s starting quarterback in 2016.

Here are notes from the open portion of Wednesday’s practice as well as video below:
  • Offensive starters in the fastball period: quarterback Luke Del Rio, running back Jordan Cronkrite, receivers Ahmad Fulwood, Dre Massey and Chris Thompson, tight end Moral Stephens, offensive linemen (left to right) Fred Johnson, Antonio Riles, Cam Dillard, Tyler Jordan and David Sharpe.
  • Defensive starters in the fastball period (nickel package): defensive linemen Bryan Cox Jr., Caleb Brantley, Joey Ivie and Keivonnis Davis, linebackers Alex Anzalone, Jarrad Davis and Daniel McMillian, cornerbacks Duke Dawson and Marcus Maye, safeties Marcell Harris and Nick Washington.
  • The Gators experimented with a different lineup in the secondary. Harris had a nice pass breakup on a throw intended for Stephens, who got some first-time reps at tight end in the fastball period.
  • Brantley, who’s been looking dominant throughout spring practice, got past Johnson for a sack.
  • During routes on air in the end zone, receiver Joshua Hammond hauled in an impressive one-handed reception on a corner route.
  • In that same drill, wideout C.J. Worton took a spill out of bounds and was shaken up on the play. He was down for several minutes as trainers looked at his right knee.
  • In the half-skeleton drill, Dawson jumped tight end DeAndre Goolsby’s route and picked it off. He also broke up a pass to Freddie Swain, who later made a good adjustment on a corner route to bring down the catch.
  • In addition to Del Rio and Spurrier, Florida wide receiver signee Rick Wells was at Wednesday’s practice along with three recruits, including Gators quarterback commit Jake Allen.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gene Hackman, apparently a family friend of the Del Rio's, was also at practice.
bfe48e094170b1db0ec01992d1b24cb6.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gene Hackman, apparently a family friend of the Del Rio's, was also at practice.
bfe48e094170b1db0ec01992d1b24cb6.jpg
I don't really know why, but I really like Gene Hackman. That dude is old (86) and still kickin'.
The Royal Tenenbaum's is one of my favorite movies and he's actually a writer. I read a book a few years ago that he co-wrote with another writer called Wake of the Perdido Star (1999). It was a really good read and I would recommend it to anyone.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really know why, but I really like Gene Hackman. That dude is old (86) and still kickin'.
The Royal Tenenbaum's is one of my favorite movies and he's actually a writer. I read a book a few years ago that he co-wrote with another writer called Wake of the Perdido Star (1999). It was a really good read and I would recommend it to anyone.
I too really enjoyed Royal Tenenbaums. I had no idea he was a writer. That's one I really need to watch again, been too long.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see SOS back in the Swamp, some things have a way of turning out right. Good article Diddy, Gene Hackman and Robert Duval. Two of the greatest.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Glad to see SOS back in the Swamp, some things have a way of turning out right. Good article Diddy, Gene Hackman and Robert Duval. Two of the greatest.

And how did I miss this one?
Hope it's on NetFlix:

"Loose Cannons"
gene.png

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is sure to upset the Gamecock faithful that think for some reason SOS is 100% Gamecock and always will be......

That being said, I am glad Dork is banned, since SOS is going to receive the Robert Neyland Award from the Knoxville Quarterback Club in April. SOS took three different teams into Neyland and whipped their ass, and he gets their top honor.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Under Suspicion (2000) Fantastic Gene Hackman movie. Morgan Freeman (because he's in every movie) and the unearthly beautiful Monica Bellucci.
I don't know which arouses me more, Monica Bellucci or SOS in G'ville.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
  • During routes on air in the end zone, receiver Joshua Hammond hauled in an impressive one-handed reception on a corner route.
  • In that same drill, wideout C.J. Worton took a spill out of bounds and was shaken up on the play. He was down for several minutes as trainers looked at his right knee.
Receivers having to make spectacular catches and getting hurt running routes on air... Hopefully it wasn't LDR throwing the ball.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Royal Tenebaums. One of my favorites. Wow. 86. I had no idea.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Under Suspicion (2000) Fantastic Gene Hackman movie. Morgan Freeman (because he's in every movie) and the unearthly beautiful Monica Bellucci.
I don't know which arouses me more, Monica Bellucci or SOS in G'ville.

Oh it's Monica Bellucci. The hottest woman to ever walk the planet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
  • Offensive starters in the fastball period: quarterback Luke Del Rio, running back Jordan Cronkrite, receivers Ahmad Fulwood, Dre Massey and Chris Thompson, tight end Moral Stephens, offensive linemen (left to right) Fred Johnson, Antonio Riles, Cam Dillard, Tyler Jordan and David Sharpe.
That gives me heartburn.
  • Defensive starters in the fastball period (nickel package): defensive linemen Bryan Cox Jr., Caleb Brantley, Joey Ivie and Keivonnis Davis, linebackers Alex Anzalone, Jarrad Davis and Daniel McMillian, cornerbacks Duke Dawson and Marcus Maye, safeties Marcell Harris and Nick Washington.
That isn't a nickel package and a really doubt Maye was at CB. :rotfl:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That gives me heartburn.
That isn't a nickel package and a really doubt Maye was at CB. :rotfl:

The good news is that when Ivey returns, either Riles or Dillard will be on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.