Spurrier to coach Orlando in Alliance of American Football league & wants Tebow

Which would you rather see happen in 2018?

• Beat UGA, lose to UT and FSU

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Beat UT and FSU, lose to UGA

Votes: 66 82.5%

• Total voters

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That he didn't have Spurrier draw up all the plays as ambassador for the football program? C'mon. You have to hire the guy as OC before you hand him that responsibility.
Is that what I said?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, really. You, me and the man on the moon know he wasn't going to do that, so why bother with the wasted thinking?
Why do you think I'm not bothering to debate you.....wasted thinking :grin:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's right. Spurrier is worthless.
No, but you're being silly. SOS knew how much of a distraction he could become and wisely stayed in the background. He wasn't asked to be OC and I rather doubt he would have accepted even if asked.

The gig in Orlando is right up his alley at this stage in his life, grassroots and convenient.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, but you're being silly. SOS knew how much of a distraction he could become and wisely stayed in the background. He wasn't asked to be OC and I rather doubt he would have accepted even if asked.

The gig in Orlando us right up his alley at this stage in his life, grassroots and convenient.
Who said anything about him being asked to be OC.....besides you of course.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any one who thought Mcelstain was going to run anything other than a boring ass low-risk offense didn't bother getting slightly educated on the subject.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who said anything about him being asked to be OC.....besides you of course.
Do I need to pour you a cup of coffee? Hello? I said he stayed in the background. That infers, hey fellas, I'm here if you need me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This will be interesting. The 'investors' have a 10-year business plan....I hope it includes a lot of money. I'm curious what the players will make. I've said this before, but any league that is trying to make money will likely fail. Also, this should be played during the summer, once MLB is the only sport being played. It's a dead period that is in desperate need of another primary sport.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any one who thought Mcelstain was going to run anything other than a boring ass low-risk offense didn't bother getting slightly educated on the subject.
Exactly. Mac and SOS ran parallel playcalling paths in percentages only. What Spurrier did with the ball in the air was light years different.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will be interesting. The 'investors' have a 10-year business plan....I hope it includes a lot of money. I'm curious what the players will make. I've said this before, but any league that is trying to make money will likely fail. Also, this should be played during the summer, once MLB is the only sport being played. It's a dead period that is in desperate need of another primary sport.
The arena league is dying...there are still decent players both from that league and those not quite making the NFL that could fill teams.
I would assume that the players wouldn't be paid all that much...better than Arena league players, but nothing anywhere near what NFL players make, is what I'd guess.
If they treat this like an NFL minor league, they could have something, and I agree, it should be played when the NFL is not in season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:headslap:

Hence the wasted opportunity. :crazy:
Oh, good thinking. I have this guy over here I'm paying nearly a million a year to call the plays but I think I'll ask the football ambassador what he thinks. The guy getting paid a million won't mind at all that I pass on his authority.

You're not very on the spot this morning, URG.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, good thinking. I have this guy over here I'm paying nearly a million a year to call the plays but I think I'll ask the football ambassador what he thinks. The guy getting paid won't mind at all that I pass on his authority.

You're not very in the spot this morning, URG.
again....WHO THE FCK SAID SPURRIER SHOULD BE CALLING PLAYS.......JUST YOU that I can tell. :facepalm:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn it 78....I've seen a lot of morons in the PF....but you take the cake in the sports forum

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn it 78....I've seen a lot of morons in the PF....but you take the cake in the sports forum
Dude, you just got checkmated with your high school logic. Go sit in the corner.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, you just got checkmated with your high school logic. Go sit in the corner.
So let me get this straight....you can only conclude that someone saying "what a wasted opportunity Mac had with this guy right down the hall", that I am only saying that Spurrier should have been calling plays while we were paying another guy a million a year?

Bruh....it takes a special idiot like yourself to think that's the only possible conclusion.

Just move on man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator