Spurrier to open restaurant in Celebration Pointe

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by williston_gator, Jun 21, 2019.

1. GatorInGeorgia

GatorInGeorgia Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,937
    Ratings:
    +2,471 / -121
    If he did it would be the first time Mac ever approached SOS. Mac had the one of the greatest offensive minds in the history of CFB sitting down the hall from him and never once went down there to pick Spurrier’s brain. Mac truly was a fcvtard.

• GatorInGeorgia

GatorInGeorgia Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,937
      Ratings:
      +2,471 / -121
      P.S.A.

W-U-E-R-F-F-E-L

Ladies & Gents, see above for the correct spelling of the greatest Gator football player of all time and memorize how to spell it. Thank you.

• G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator Intrepid Chauvinist

Oxbucks:
        $1,756
        Ratings:
        +1,781 / -70
        Very blahhh and uninspiring facade. Hopefully the interior is more interesting. Sounds like it will be:

The restaurant will be 8,400 square feet and have a 1,500-square-foot sports memorabilia exhibit that will feature many of Spurrier’s trophies and awards, including his 1966 Heisman Trophy, which has been tucked away in a closet at his Crescent Beach home.

And then there's this:

“I really appreciate all the people that are partnering with me here,” Spurrier said. “This is a good group. We’re going to find a restaurant person that knows his business and he’s good at it. We’ll give him the opportunity to run it and be successful the way that person probably has been in the past." ... Spurrier said the operator will be free to run the restaurant his/her way.

Ha! Yeah, right. The starting GM will get the opportunity, but don't let there be a dip in profit margin or else the backup GM will get the call. "Chef Fatdog, you're up!"

[​IMG]

• cover2

cover2 I've grown old
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,853
          Ratings:
          +5,954 / -6
          I always enjoyed Lamm's sports musings (Lamm at Large, etc) and I know he had an in with SOS. The name escapes me, but there was a joint he and Lamm would show up at after home games later in the evening for cold beer and wings. A buddy of mine happened to be at the establishment after a win over USCe when SOS came in wearing a 'Cocks cap with the faux Taneyhill mullet...

upload_2019-6-26_8-27-37.jpeg

...with Lamm in tow. SOS theater at its best.

I plan to give the restaurant a shot and among the memorabilia I hope there will be some James Bates art work...

[​IMG] upload_2019-6-26_8-32-33.jpeg

(even though he has a 'Cock visor on, the second is a personal favorite and besides, SOS always was quite the 'Cock wherever he was)

• ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
            $2,437
            Ratings:
            +3,701 / -321
            I was recently out there and it appears to be a very impressive development. This will give me another reason to visit after it is completed.

• Jbossgator8

Jbossgator8 Senior Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,605
            Ratings:
            +2,888 / -242
            At least something is getting built!

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $4,780
            Ratings:
            +10,754 / -1,255
            Construction (along with destruction) is now a Gville norm, Old Gville is disappearing as we speak.
            Progress..........

#28 stephenPE, Jun 26, 2019
            Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
          • jaywalker72

jaywalker72 Current Status: Dumper
            Lifetime Member

Ratings:
            +1,196 / -19
            Anything that bears Grossman’s name I would stay away from, because it likely comes with Spurrier’s foot up his butt.

• Gator515151

Gator515151 Well-Known Member
            2018 Pick 'Em Champ

Oxbucks:
            $3,765
            Ratings:
            +3,311 / -40
            I'll have the Phil Fulmer Special.......
            upload_2019-6-26_12-48-13.jpeg

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Your mother makes me sammiches
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $41,188
              Ratings:
              +65,822 / -2,971
              this definitely deserves a thumbs down but I can't do it to 46.

• gator1946

gator1946 Senior Member
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $1,379
              Ratings:
              +2,752 / -29
              Thank you Donk. I swore I'd never refer to that SOB again, but somehow my hostility got the better of me.

• Double Gator Dad

Double Gator Dad Senior Member
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $986
                Ratings:
                +1,986 / -36
                I lived in Jacksonville throughout the eighties and I always enjoyed Lamb's work.

He used to actually share information that was not available to the public. That approach today is treated like it is illegal with the people that pose as journalists but are more like cheerleaders than anything else.

On his "Lamb At Large" show he would do that silly "Blabbermouth Lamb" segment where he would pretend to be David Lamb's cousin and he would share rumors, etc. that more times than not turned out to be true.
                We learned details of the Pell and Hall eras as well as the inside story on the demise of the Norm Sloan gator basketball era. NO "journalist" today would dare do such a thing since the wrath of the UAA would rain down on them for having the nerve to deviate from the company line.

Unfortunately for me I still long for the days when a sportswriter would actually tell you the truth but I am stuck in the era of smugness and condescension by sportswriters that believe that their job is to be the keepers of the information versus informers.

• cover2

cover2 I've grown old
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $2,853
                  Ratings:
                  +5,954 / -6
                  I agree about then vs. now where sports journalism is concerned. Too much of it today IMO sounds like MSNBC's reporting. Sounds dumb to some maybe, but I always felt like I could trust the the sportswriters from the T/U and the Sun (had to drive to Tallahassee during the football season to find a copy in order to see what they said about UF in the old days). Heck, even Bill McGrotha of the Democrat gave a better recap of UF/F$U than most of these bozos nowadays. I may be wrong, but like we read about on Chatter from time to time, I think a lot of sports journalism is just plain lazy with not much depth.