Spurrier's Orlando Apollos roll the Atlanta Legends 40-6

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The quality of football is better than I expected.

TBH, I was expecting Mac level play, but it’s a decent level of ball.
Seems like Georgia football = Mac ball. Always has. That penal colony has loser in their DNA.

Imagine SOS sitting in an office at the swamp having to bite his tongue while that incompetent ass Butterteeth struggled to score 14 points.

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Imagine SOS sitting in an office at the swamp having to bite his tongue while that incompetent ass Butter fingers struggled to score 14 points.
I heard Spurrier went to the Press Box or Champions Club during Macs final year and said, “What happened to the forward pass?”

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the league could work but they're gonna need some more star power. They need to get tebow and Johnny Manziel. Heck, bring in Michael Sam. Grab some headlines.
Get rid of the no blitz rule , the no kickoff rule and get rid of the inside look at the replay booth. They're trying to be too gimmicky with that crap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh do I miss this kind of aggressiveness...

Set the Ole Ball Coach up for a FG just before half... and he scores 6. Of course he scores six. That isn't one of the modern SEC pussies who would just center it once and kick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell are you talking about? I’m stuck watching the west coast game. Bercovici was lit up blitz after blitz.
My boy aint that bright. He believes the bullshyt that they spout these days about vertical offense not working anymore coz blitzes. (He thinks they didn't have blitzes in 90s.) He thinks you have to just try to run the clock out with either power or option and hope to kick one more FG than the other team.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was better football than 99% of the NFL games.
I was quite impressed with the San Antonio v. San Diego game. Good coaching. I think this league has a shot and certainly a leg up on the XFL. Looks to have great leadership and tenured coaches.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
This was better football than 99% of the NFL games.

The clear difference in this league is the quality of the coaching. The level of play will be at least as good as good as college, which is good enough for me.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed and will be a good thing to keep my football fix until early May. More entertaining than many NFL games. Looking forward to watching the game this afternoon. Doesn't matter who to me.....it's Football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell are you talking about? I’m stuck watching the west coast game. Bercovici was lit up blitz after blitz.
You guys need to read more. Blitzes are limited to only 5 people and they have to be lined up close to the OL.

Things like corner or safety blitzes are NOT allowed.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed that it only took about 2 1/2 hours to play a complete game. The NFL should take note. Amazing what can be done when you arent inundated with commercials. The quality of the football was better than I thought it would be, although it was only one game, didn’t see any of the other game.

Nice to see Spurrier almost put half a hundred on another team from Georgia.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see my Orlando Apollos off to a 1-0 start!

On a serious note, I’m willing to bet the Apollos would stifle the Jags offense. Not kidding.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was an interesting game to watch.
Wife and I might go to the next one, but then I would have to step onto UCFs campus :puke:

Anyway, I would like to see a quality secondary league, to the NFL. This league doesn't compete with the NFL, and honestly, the way some of them talk, it could be and should be treated like an NFL minor league for those potentially on the way up, and those perhaps on the way down, but still want to play.

The bonus of nearly year round football...yes please :yes:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The XFL doesn't want to be a minor-league NFL, they want to go head to head with them. I'm quite sure the XFL will win out.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I was a bit surprised, I enjoyed the game and seeing the ole ball coach school someone up!
I have become less interested in the NFL the past decade, but I do fish a lot more :)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

They showed the San Diego/San Antonio game here in DC. I watched a little bit, low scoring when I turned it off - 6-6. Seemed like the offenses weren't clicking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not watch nor had any interest to be honest. So I was reading some of the thread and although it is not "He Hate Me" XFL gimmicky, it clearly has its gimmicks. such as you can't rush more than 5 guys?? So in essence that is not blitzing as 5 O-Linemen can block 5 rushers? and you can't overload players on defense to create a rushing advantage?? is that true? sounds like gimmicks to me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb