Stadium food

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I like good food but have eaten bad food at times (some would say often). The SC game I bought some caramel corn in the south endzone. It was inedible. I gave it back. They said try the big bag of kettle corn. So I took it but it sucked, too. Still kept it. This week I go to buy my drunk on his ass friend something to sober him up. Philly steak and cheese. Its in the 2nd level sw corner. They have sausage and also quesadilla . I tried the queso early in the year and it was terrible. Im watching them put the meat on and it looks like VERY bad canned beef. Then spoon the peppers and onions from what looks like water. IT looks like sht. So I put a bunch of mustard on it for my friend. He woofs it down. I said "If it tastes as bad as it looks I apologoize ". Sobering up some now he nods "yeah , it sucked" He now wants some popcorn and I try to warn him but a nice lady in front of us turns around and gives him us an almost full bag of popcorn. I thank her and he starts in on it. I try it and it is horrible. Finally, my buddy reminds me the chemo on his neck a few years ago destroyed most of taste buds. He cant really taste it. Lucky him. All that said, UF needs to do something about all this shttty garbage they pass offas stadium food. I Know some decent food vendors come in and sell and my advice is BUY from them or eat before you show up. I do like the huge water tank they have up there with verry good cold water you can get. nuff said.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:ugh:

That guy is still your friend after the weekend? I heard horror stories.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I can give you a little insight from our visit for the LSU game. TURRIBLE!! The tacos in the NW Endzone lower level sucked really bad. Tasted awful and the corn tortillas fell all apart. I commend them on the choices and trying different things, but the delivery of the product was awful.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The concession stand up by us sells barely edible food, it's awful. I eat as much as I can before going to the game to avoid having to eat anything in the stadium. I will say I got a Cuban from the Mi Apa stand at halftime of the SCar game and it was great. I walked all the way down from nearly the top of section 55 to the bottom level just to avoid getting food at our concession stand. :lol:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I was warned about not eating the philly's and should have passed it on. The big guy working that stand and all the others are trying to work off the 1,500.00 it cost for their daughter to be in band. He said the owner throws nothing away and he and the wife make around a hundred for 5 hours worked. He is also jealous of the beverage hawkers making twice that in half the time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else imagine Coach sitting in his seat smiling away as he's ripping another greasy chunk off of one of those giant turkey legs they sell?

:lol:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The pi$$ poor food situation really shows the complacency of the UAA. To bring In fans, teams of all sports have made food part of the experience. Instead of hot dogs and popcorn, fans can get delicious food from local vendors that you actually want to eat.

So, instead of a pizza from Leonardo’s or a burger from the Copper Monkey (RIP), you get a philly w/ canned beef or boiled burgers.

Really lazy effort UAA!!

I guess you could put some Mambo No 3 on your canned beef philly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else imagine Coach sitting in his seat smiling away as he's ripping another greasy chunk off of one of those giant turkey legs they sell?

Anyone who orders a giant turkey leg at a football game deserves whatever fate comes with it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
For as long as I can remember the food has been inedible at that stadium for a zillion years, which is why I have not eaten anything there in years. Goes with the entire place. it is a dump and needs to be torn down. Reminds me of when I lived in Chicago and went to Cubs games. The food at Wrigley field back then was the WORST food I had ever eaten at a pro baseball park. What was worse was that the old Comisky Park had very good food and just 90 miles up the road at Milwaukee's County Stadium, the food was outstanding for ball park food. Guess that is one of the reason there is such an obesity problem in both of those midwest cities.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I don’t ever eat at the stadium, too much of a hassle and it kills the buzz, but I do love the BBQ at the Mac.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He said the owner throws nothing away and he and the wife make around a hundred for 5 hours worked.
Jeez now we know. And the long cart drivers are doing great. Met a guy yesterday that made 500 first game. All on tips.

:lol:
Dammit I forgot about those. They actually look decent. Little salt and maybe its a winner. Divits comes through again. btw Turkey aint greasy. Fine foul food for the body. Specially roasted. I got a story soon about roasted food.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Goes with the entire place. it is a dump and needs to be torn down. Reminds me of when I lived in Chicago and went to Cubs games.
Chicago........I KNEW IT.........years ago the hotdogs were edible at the games with mustard. And the big pretzels..........I very rarely ate at the game. Too excited back in the day to eat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For as long as I can remember the food has been inedible at that stadium for a zillion years, which is why I have not eaten anything there in years. Goes with the entire place. it is a dump and needs to be torn down. Reminds me of when I lived in Chicago and went to Cubs games. The food at Wrigley field back then was the WORST food I had ever eaten at a pro baseball park. What was worse was that the old Comisky Park had very good food and just 90 miles up the road at Milwaukee's County Stadium, the food was outstanding for ball park food. Guess that is one of the reason there is such an obesity problem in both of those midwest cities.
Man, you were there a long time ago if you can remember Comiskey.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I got a funny story for you guys: It was 2010 and I was a Freshman at UF. Anyway, it was the week before the UF-USF game in the Swamp when my dad told me and my girlfriend he was going to drive down and stay with us while he went to see some clients (he's a financial adviser) of his in Orlando. He also said he would go to the game with us as well. So, Friday comes and my dad arrives in Gainesville about 5PM, drops his stuff off, and then heads down to Orlando to meet one of his clients. He arrives back at our place around 3AM and tells us that his client served him "many" scotches during their "meeting". Needless to say he's hammered and goes to sleep. He wakes up the next morning with one of the worst hangovers in his life but for some reason still decides to go to the game with us for some reason. Now let me say, that is still the hottest Gator game I've been to before or after, so my dad was near the brink of puking his guts out and the heat didn't help. During halftime, I went to the concession to get him some nachos to maybe help him feel better, they were so bad that he took off running into the bathroom to throw up mercilessly. We found him four hours later in the car half conscious

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
They deep fry everything at Miller Park...even the beer. That goes for the whole state as well.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I got a funny story for you guys: It was 2010 and I was a Freshman at UF. Anyway, it was the week before the UF-USF game in the Swamp when my dad told me and my girlfriend he was going to drive down and stay with us while he went to see some clients (he's a financial adviser) of his in Orlando. He also said he would go to the game with us as well. So, Friday comes and my dad arrives in Gainesville about 5PM, drops his stuff off, and then heads down to Orlando to meet one of his clients. He arrives back at our place around 3AM and tells us that his client served him "many" scotches during their "meeting". Needless to say he's hammered and goes to sleep. He wakes up the next morning with one of the worst hangovers in his life but for some reason still decides to go to the game with us for some reason. Now let me say, that is still the hottest Gator game I've been to before or after, so my dad was near the brink of puking his guts out and the heat didn't help. During halftime, I went to the concession to get him some nachos to maybe help him feel better, they were so bad that he took off running into the bathroom to throw up mercilessly. We found him four hours later in the car half conscious

Now that is a father to look up to. way to go Pops!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb