Stadium WiFi getting upgraded

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It should be a good thing. Now your smartphone will work at the game when you connect to WiFi vs having nothing on an overloaded wireless carrier’s network.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is great news. Fans can treat their afternoons at the stadium like a trip to Panera Bread for latte and think-tank time on the laptop.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Guess it will be a big deal to a lot of fans, so that a a good thing, not that important to me, wife seems to be happy about it.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You can say that again.

I think that’s part of it. But I think it’s also because people don’t want to sit in the heat and they can watch it on their giant 50 inch flatscreen TVs that they can purchase for a grand.

Most kids today view sharing across social platforms as their social life. Not necessarily spending three hours in the heat at a football game. I’m not saying that it’s right or wrong – I’m just saying that’s the way it is.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Very on top of the game news wise as usual. They have been out there for 2 weeks putting those boxes everywhere. All it seems to me is that it will make even small and tight seating areas even smaller and tighter. Perhaps they could use that money an give me a men's room where I am not swimming in urine on game day or the place does not smell like SHYT.

That’s all I need. Another electromagnetic emitting device within a foot of my nads.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And here we are paying homage to an internet message board.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think that’s part of it. But I think it’s also because people don’t want to sit in the heat and they can watch it on their giant 50 inch flatscreen TVs that they can purchase for a grand.

Most kids today view sharing across social platforms as their social life. Not necessarily spending three hours in the heat at a football game. I’m not saying that it’s right or wrong – I’m just saying that’s the way it is.

Hey – that looks familiar…

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Look....it will make it much, much easier to coordinate with others where to meet up after the game. That alone makes it well worth it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't care. Won't make me more or less likely to go to a game. If that is your determining factor as to whether to go to a game or not please stay home. You'll be too busy sending selfies with those superimposed bunny noses to someone two rows away to actually be worth a $h!t to the team anyway.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
What a bunch of old geezers, and that’s coming from an old geezer.
There’s not one down side to this and many upsides. A big one for me is being able to access the chat box occasionally during the games. For instance after the excitment from the heave to Cleve calmed down, l knew it had to be crazy in the box, but it was impossible to log in. The students will love this and getting the word out should be a priority for the UAA.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a bunch of old geezers, and that’s coming from an old geezer.
There’s not one down side to this and many upsides. A big one for me is being able to access the chat box occasionally during the games. For instance after the excitment from the heave to Cleve calmed down, l knew it had to be crazy in the box, but it was impossible to log in. The students will love this and getting the word out should be a priority for the UAA.

Yep...no rush, not operational until 2019....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.