Stand alone Football Facility

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, however, this has been pre-paid through fundraising...twice. The first time they said “j/k this is just phase one, thank you for donating to getting baseball a new stadium, lol”.

Law then gave Stricklin the business on the Twitter machine when that happened...I might have joined in on my other Twitter account.

I know this is a difficult concept to absorb, but baseball had to move BEFORE building the new football facility on the same land. So many have difficulty understanding this small issue.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I know this is a difficult concept to absorb, but baseball had to move BEFORE building the new football facility on the same land. So many have difficulty understanding this small issue.

You're not wrong and no one is doubting that, however, instead of giving one overall plan and openly asking for FOOTBALL boosters to pay for BASEBALL and not BASEBALL boosters, they literally gave a "we need this amount total" then followed up with a "j/k, that was just the BASEBALL amount, NOW if you donate it might go to FOOTBALL like we sold you on the first time when we NEVER presented it as a first part of a two part sum".

Not sure how a bait and switch on the actual amount needed is difficult to absorb, but some still have difficulty understanding this borderline fraudulent issue. IF the entire plan and amount were openly disclosed at the beginning there is an entirely different perspective.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You're not wrong and no one is doubting that, however, instead of giving one overall plan and openly asking for FOOTBALL boosters to pay for BASEBALL and not BASEBALL boosters, they literally gave a "we need this amount total" then followed up with a "j/k, that was just the BASEBALL amount, NOW if you donate it might go to FOOTBALL like we sold you on the first time when we NEVER presented it as a first part of a two part sum".

Not sure how a bait and switch on the actual amount needed is difficult to absorb, but some still have difficulty understanding this borderline fraudulent issue. IF the entire plan and amount were openly disclosed at the beginning there is an entirely different perspective.
Yeah, coming back and asking for more money after wasting 50 Million on a stadium no one will go to even after covid, and before they set the first stone on the all-in-one was sleezy. And whatever they budgeted originally, it's not going to be close to enough since they have dragged as$ for years on getting anything built. This thing needs to be the very cutting edge, state of the art facility considering they only open the purse strings every few decades. But I'm sure it will be damn near obsolete the day it opens compared to what our "arms race" competitors will be upgrading and building next.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You actually mean to say UAA would be less than totally honest and upfront with alumni, contributors and supporters?....pffffffft.....Shirley, you jest!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You actually mean to say UAA would be less than totally honest and upfront with alumni, contributors and supporters?....pffffffft.....Shirley, you jest!

They have a Public Deflations Department.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn's new facility projected to be done in July 22. Will we actually have a facility before them? Cost of $92 million. That's about $30 million more than ours:

Auburn’s new football facility estimated to cost $91.9 million

Auburn’s new football facility estimated to cost $91.9 million

Auburn’s new standalone football facility has a new estimated price tag and expected date of completion.

The Tigers’ new Football Performance Center is expected to cost $91.9 million and be completed by July 2022, according to materials related to Auburn’s next board of trustees meeting, which is set for Feb. 5. At that meeting, the project will be up for final approval.

The program’s standalone facility is set to cover 12.5 acres and sit at 233,400 square feet, with construction taking place at the site of the old Hutsell Track on Biggio Drive. The project will house Auburn’s football operations building, a new indoor practice facility and two natural turf practice fields. It will include a new weight room, locker room for players, a players lounge, barbershop, two recording studios, a flight simulator and team meeting rooms while also being home to the program’s sports medicine and nutrition offices, football administration offices, equipment rooms and laundry.

The football operations building will take up 138,100 square feet, while the new indoor practice facility it set to span 95,300 square feet.

The $91.9 million cost of the project is expected to be financed by university bonds, with the debt service to be paid by Auburn athletics department funds.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you were behind the curve on facilities and interest rates were at all-time lows, you’d think you would want to adopt the Auburn mentality. Issue bonds. Go for it and get it done. Time’s a wasting.

Not us. We’re stuck in a pay-with-cash mindset that is gradually becoming our own self-fulfilling prophecy. We’ve seen the enemy and the enemy is us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our entire football conglomerate needs facilitating.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you were behind the curve on facilities and interest rates were at all-time lows, you’d think you would want to adopt the Auburn mentality. Issue bonds. Go for it and get it done. Time’s a wasting.

Not us. We’re stuck in a pay-with-cash mindset that is gradually becoming our own self-fulfilling prophecy. We’ve seen the enemy and the enemy is us.

This is a very valid point. Also, I'd like to see why theirs is so much more than ours (I think they are also including an indoor facility). With Alabama right down the road from them, I'm really surprised they haven't built one of these earlier/sooner.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
As Law would say, Lulz!!

Coming soon? Seriously, coming soon? We were supposed to start construction 2 years ago and the baseball boy is still messaging coming soon? At this rate, Auburn will break ground on their second stand alone before we finish whatever we're planning the build. I wouldn't be surprised if we build in phases starting with the pool and dining hall so all the soccer and golf players are taken care of first.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
4611c52a-e760-43c3-a767-d5a07bd31d45-1020x678.jpeg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
As Law would say, Lulz!!

Are my eyes deceiving me or did they just pour a 10'×10' completely random slab connecting to nothing? Even the AD isn't dumb enough to try and sell this as any type of progress.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are my eyes deceiving me or did they just pour a 10'×10' completely random slab connecting to nothing? Even the AD isn't dumb enough to try and sell this as any type of progress.

Oh come on JDH. The slab stands alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.