Stand alone Football Facility

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather see us revamp our some of our coaching staff.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
This arms race BS is so embarrassing.
Yes you are quite right not only facilities but also coaches salaries. Sad thing is, whatever you build today, or how much you pay your coach this year, all of that will be out-dated in a few years and here we go again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has been on Foley about this since he arrived in Gainesville and i Just heard that Foley is about to "open up the Wallet" to build one. \
s-l1000.jpg

Well, we will see. Color me skeptical. He was talking about Odome renovations in 1994.

This arms race BS is so embarrassing.
We could always move to the Sunbelt Conference or 1AA if we don't want to be in the big leagues.

I'd rather see us revamp our some of our coaching staff.
Hopefully one is not exclusive of the other.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, ticket prices went up about 10% this year. 30% for students. Just curious, how many of you guys who are either boosters or students are willing to shell out another few hundred to thousands of dollars to pay for this?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So, ticket prices went up about 10% this year. 30% for students. Just curious, how many of you guys who are either boosters or students are willing to shell out another few hundred to thousands of dollars to pay for this?
I'd be willing to bet not one of the ones that always bitch about us not being in front of the arms race and continue to call Foley cheap.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for the link... a vertical structure says Ack... 20 stories should do it.

There is no room where Ackerman is talking about unless we use the 70 yard secondary practice field. This whole idea is far-fetched because of lack of land around the stadium.

We just spent millions in 2009 on a stand alone building that doubled the size of the weight room to 26,000 sq.ft., coaches offices and meeting rooms, etc....

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Idk, I am happy to support upgrading facilities, but I don't think its the silver bullet that the tenor of some posts on here make it. Honestly, did Florida's facilities suddenly become obsolete in the 5 year span that Urban was here? Georgia's facilities are pretty crappy, hell they are just getting an IPF, but they don't seem to be having too many recruiting problems and have performed better on the field over that time span.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Screenshot_2016-02-16-18-37-51-1-1-1-1.png
This looks like as good of a spot as any. That plot of land is larger than the one by the track that the article suggested. And a building would make that look a little nicer too.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's probably the only sensible and capable spot but in my mind it would kind of be an eyesore to have the players everything building inched right up against univ ave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be willing to bet not one of the ones that always ***** about us not being in front of the arms race and continue to call Foley cheap.
I'll be the first to admit that the program hasn't received a dime from me since chump took over. I'm not a booster and couldn't afford to be even if I wanted to. The school gets my money from football tickets and for the last few years the product on the field wasn't worth the price of admission. I'll also say that yes the arms race is a thing and having an edge does help, but having a solid coaching staff, a vision for the program and a detailed plan to implement it is worth infinitely more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure if you heard but we just got a GIGANTIC GARGANTUAN contract w ESPN now every team in the SEC has stupid amounts of money. It all doesnt have to go directly to Fooley and boy lover fired football coach.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's probably the only sensible and capable spot but in my mind it would kind of be an eyesore to have the players everything building inched right up against univ ave.

I think they should actually still consider leaving the locker room where it is, but pull everything else out of that side of the building, expand and improve the locker room with existing space, so all interior work. Then do everything else in that building, including a second weight room perhaps.
I think you could make it look good from univ Ave.

If you leave the locker room where it is in that area, then you can still do the Gator Walk, and still run onto the field from the south endzone without any logistical pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.