Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Spoilery Review

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I didn't like 8. It's pretty well known that I view the Star Wars franchise as 7 mediocre at best films that followed 2 borderline masterpieces. I know it triggered the ever loving sh*t out of candy ass pansies like you and Law that women and minorities had starring roles in 8 and 9, but the rest of the developed world didn't care.
Yup. I'm a 2, then rogue one, then solo, then seven turds order guy

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Y’all really like this stuff? I watched 30 minutes of a Star Wars movie and it was so boring I fell asleep

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Yup. I'm a 2, then rogue one, then solo, then seven turds order guy

My introduction to Star Wars was when my friend showed me Return of the Jedi when I was 8 or 9. So I’m willing to say 3, if only due to the special place in my heart Jedi has.

Rogue One I think is both great, but also frustrates the hell out of me. The biggest part is the “OMG, We Can’t Broadcast or Leave because the Shield is Up” reaction, then they bring the shield down and do the “OMG, We Can’t Escape Because....um...well...Let’s Distract From This Stupidity By Staring At The Sea...”

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was a really good movie. I thought her origin was good. I thought her redemption was even better. And I thought Kylo’s redemption was really good as well.

Palpatine was the best villain since Vader.

I could’ve done without all the gratuitous female power scenes and then the 2 girls kissing at the end.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know it triggered the ever loving sh*t out of candy ass pansies like you and Law that women and minorities had starring roles in 8 and 9, but the rest of the developed world didn't care.
So... I hated 8 and loved 9, while you say you hated 9 and now claim youmalso hate 8, but Immthe one triggered by Rey being female.

the only character I dislike is the fat Asian janitor turned fighter pilot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So... I hated 8 and loved 9, while you say you hated 9 and now claim youmalso hate 8, but Immthe one triggered by Rey being female.

Yeah I don’t know what the fvk that was about. And then watching her run across the top of the destroyer huffing and puffing.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah I don’t know what the fvk that was about. And then watching her run across the top of the destroyer huffing and puffing.
They basically all claim their characters are force sensitive in interviews to basically explain everything. Being a jedi is no longer special and everyone is one/could be one. Laura Dern is even going around and claiming it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

She outgrew her Ewok costume.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I liked 9. The actions scenes were good. They tried to tie into previous episodes but I think they tried to do too much. I still don't understand why they have to have a bar scene in every damn film with stupid aliens. I thought the character development (main characters) was lacking in the last three episodes. There were too many one off characters too.

Ren was the gayest version of Vader that I could imagine. Villains are supposed to be menacing. He was just irritating. "ohhhh, I don't know if I have the strength". Probably wouldn't bait his own hook when he was a kid. Han ... you had a damn Mil-lineal. Disappointing.

They should have brought back the Jedi spirits of Obie-Wan, Anakin, Leia, Luke, Ren, Jinn and Yoda at the conclusion.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I liked 9. The actions scenes were good. They tried to tie into previous episodes but I think they tried to do too much. I still don't understand why they have to have a bar scene in every damn film with stupid aliens. I thought the character development (main characters) was lacking in the last three episodes. There were too many one off characters too.

Ren was the gayest version of Vader that I could imagine. Villains are supposed to be menacing. He was just irritating. "ohhhh, I don't know if I have the strength". Probably wouldn't bait his own hook when he was a kid. Han ... you had a damn Mil-lineal. Disappointing.

They should have brought back the Jedi spirits of Obie-Wan, Anakin, Leia, Luke, Ren, Jinn and Yoda at the conclusion.
Anakin was kind of a whiny b*tch throughout the prequels, especially Episode III. Luke was a whiny b*tch throughout the original trilogy. Maybe young jedis are just whiny b*tches?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anakin was kind of a whiny b*tch throughout the prequels, especially Episode III. Luke was a whiny b*tch throughout the original trilogy. Maybe young jedis are just whiny b*tches?
He isnt wrong, ya know.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Good point.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So I watched the last half of The Last Jedi last night... How come in the big fight scene, both Rey and Ren can kick ass when fighting 1 vs 3, but when it boils down to each of them just fighting one of the red guys, they crap out and it becomes an actual fight?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
So I watched the last half of The Last Jedi last night... How come in the big fight scene, both Rey and Ren can kick ass when fighting 1 vs 3, but when it boils down to each of them just fighting one of the red guys, they crap out and it becomes an actual fight?
Why dont they just use the force and choke the sh#t out of them? How come they have scenes where they are clinging to a ledge, in serious peril, yet in other scenes theyre flying around like Neo in the Matrix?

just serious inconsistencies with their use of the force.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just didn’t give a crap about the new characters. Rey did nothing for me and I hated Finn and hoped he would die off. Kylo was a pathetic villain. The stories were awful and made no sense.

The last moment I felt any real emotion in the new series was when Luke got to talk to R2 on the Falcon in episode 8. This one:

I doubt I’ll ever watch episode 9 again. All I did was wait for it to be over. It was painful.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that made Star Wars famous when it first came out in the 70's was the combination of an excellent good vs evil story and what was at the time a leap in advancements in special effects. No one had ever seen anything like it before. And the original movie came out without any fanfare before the opening and became an instant sensation. As the years went on much of the excitement and charm of that first movie has worn very thin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that made Star Wars famous when it first came out in the 70's was the combination of an excellent good vs evil story and what was at the time a leap in advancements in special effects. No one had ever seen anything like it before. And the original movie came out without any fanfare before the opening and became an instant sensation. As the years went on much of the excitement and charm of that first movie has worn very thin.
There's no question the pressure to do this most recent trilogy right was enormous. I just think they could have done better. A LOT better.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

worn thin? Episode 8 was the highest domestic grossing movie ever.

Ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
what was at the time a leap in advancements in special effects..
I was trying to explain this to my kids. Ended up just showing them some original Star Trek clips. It is hard to explain what it was like before computers and modern digital fx techniques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb