Steve Spurrier hopes to go out a winner

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
He was our GOAT when he played, we were rarely out of a game. Most people my age who were lucky enough to watch him play have kept up and marveled at his exploits all these years. SOS, HBC, ALL TME GREAT GATOR!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I expect him this season to be a champion, they have the best record and a balanced team. He might coach more years if the new league continues.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was fortunate to have 8 season tickets during his time as head ball coach. It was the first time Florida football ruled the sec in my lifetime. We need to get that feeling back again. Hopefully we will.... Go Gators!!!!

Dekle

Nov 27, 2017
I had season tickets back then as well. Even the Noon games were sold out. We always parked and tailgated by the Law building. Was a great time. I believe those times are just around the corner.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
As a life long Skins fan, I had great hopes for SOS; but it was not to be. Since Dan Snyder bought the team, they’ve been generally unsuccessful and he has been the one constant. I suspect even Belichick might have failed there. Having said that, I would like to have seen what Spurrier could have done there with a good quarterback.
He didn't win there because he was not in charge of player personnel as all he wanted to do was, "draw up plays in the dirt" for the offense. IIRC, he had 2 QBs that knew his system well.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Christian Bruey (@CBrueyWFTV) tweeted at 2:12 PM on Tue, Apr 02, 2019:
WATCH: Steve Spurrier says the @aafAPOLLOS should be champions, if this is indeed the end of @TheAAF.

#Champions #Apollos #Orlando #AAF #WFTV Christian Bruey on Twitter
()

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Love me some Spurdog. He probably would've won it all but at this point...who cares. Seems slightly tone deaf. People's jobs on the line...great...call yourself champion. It's not like anyone from Orlando has done that recently.

Edit: I knew someone would take it the wrong way. I love spurrier and he's my favorite Gator of all-time.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't win there because he was not in charge of player personnel as all he wanted to do was, "draw up plays in the dirt" for the offense. IIRC, he had 2 QBs that knew his system well.

Wuerfell led the league in ypa if I remember correctly, and Matthews was 2nd or 3rd in the same stat.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Silver lining: Steve Spurrier finishes as the AAF's ALL-TIME WINNINGEST COACH. (7).

Last edited:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Spurrier did his job and did it well, as always. Too bad the AAF was built more on speculation rather than cash.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
And now he has, next stop XFL??? I hope his health improves, watching him dodge on the sidelines was painful.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
FanDuel made every AAF bettor happy by declaring the 7-1 Orlando Apollos champions and paying out futures bets on them. However, the company decided to also grade all futures bets on the other seven AAF teams as winners, including the Memphis Express and Atlanta Legends -- two teams that had been eliminated from playoff contention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator