Stiff QB Daniel Jones taken in top 10 of NFL Draft

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If anybody thinks Feleipe Franks can’t possibly be drafted in the 1st round, look at who the New York Giants drafted with the 6th pick last night. If he has a solid year, don’t be shocked. :dance:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He’s in a better situation than Murray. Other than the Jones pick, the giants have had a very good draft. But, the overreacting media isn’t honest enough to say that. It is more fun to mindlessly pile on.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s in a better situation than Murray. Other than the Jones pick, the giants have had a very good draft. But, the overreacting media isn’t honest enough to say that. It is more fun to mindlessly pile on.

They’re piling on because that was a flat out gaffe by the Giants. Jones isn’t worth using the 6th overall pick on. Period. He doesn’t have a strong arm and he isn’t that accurate.There is nothing elite about him. Franks is actually a more appealing project at the QB position if he were coming out this year.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They’re piling on because that was a flat out gaffe by the Giants. Jones isn’t worth using the 6th overall pick on. Period. He doesn’t have a strong arm and he isn’t that accurate.There is nothing elite about him. Franks is actually a more appealing project at the QB position if he were coming out this year.

I haven’t watched enough of Jones to know. I have seen the reporting. A number of teams had Jones rated as a 1st round QB. We will find out. I view the Murray pick as a far worse blunder.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven’t watched enough of Jones to know. I have seen the reporting. A number of teams had Jones rated as a 1st round QB. We will find out. I view the Murray pick as a far worse blunder.

You’re crazy. Kyler Murray is going to be very good. He was a consensus top 3 pick by virtually every draft expert. Daniel Jones is not a top 10 talent. If the Giants didn’t pick him at 6, he isn’t even being drafted in the 1st round.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Draft experts??? They said our OL person was top 10 and not second round. What do they really know? Not to mention those that actually make the decisions don't always know, see how many QB busts there have been not to mention other positions.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You’re crazy. Kyler Murray is going to be very good. He was a consensus top 3 pick by virtually every draft expert. Daniel Jones is not a top 10 talent. If the Giants didn’t pick him at 6, he isn’t even being drafted in the 1st round.

Murray is in a far worse situation. I'd be stunned if Kingsbury is the head coach in 2 years. They have a dreadful o-line and a worse front office who literally threw away their entire 2018 draft last night. Jones gets to sit behind Eli and learn. By the time he takes over in 2020, that team should be solid. As I said, time will tell. Murray has no chance of being a franchise QB. None.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jones checks almost all of the boxes and had a solid Senior Bowl. GiantsWire says the club fell "full bloom" in love with the Duke quarterback at the Senior Bowl.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think the Cardinals' move is worse, primarily because of the circumstances. Having traded up last year to get Rosen, then essentially bailing on him after one year, is what sets them apart. It also opens them up to a whiplash if Murray doesn't pan out, and Rosen becomes a star elsewhere. The fact that Murray is still a bit of a wildcard, and technically the QB position wasn't the reason AZ was so bad last year, is really the issue. They needed to build up around whoever is their QB. Not just go out and get another.

So on the surface, it is probably a worse overall "take" by NY drafting Jones at 6, though they did ad some solid talent with the other 2 picks last night. But the giant roll of the dice by AZ makes them look really silly right now. Could work out, but it looks like a serious gamble at the moment.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jones checks almost all of the boxes and had a solid Senior Bowl. GiantsWire says the club fell "full bloom" in love with the Duke quarterback at the Senior Bowl.

They've spent the last 5 seasons rolling with a 45 year old, career-mediocrity QB who would've been benched years ago if he'd had any other last name. They would've fallen "full bloom" in love with DelRio if they'd seen clips of him.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Cardinals' move is worse, primarily because of the circumstances. Having traded up last year to get Rosen, then essentially bailing on him after one year, us what sets them apart. It also opens them up to a whiplash if Murray doesn't pan out, and Rosen becomes a star elsewhere. The fact that Murray is still a bit of a wildcard, and technically the QB position wasn't the reason AZ was so bad last year, is really the issue. They needed to build up around whoever is their QB. Not just go out and get another.

So on the surface, it is probably a worse overall "take" by NY drafting Jones at 6, though they did ad some solid talent with the other 2 picks last night. But the giant roll of the dice by AZ makes them look really silly right now. Could work out, but it looks like a serious gamble at the moment.

Agree with everything here. I'll also add that if the Cards are really sold on Murry then they lost all of the leverage they had buy not trading Rosen predraft and acquiring picks to help fill their glaring needs.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
No reason to think they couldn't have easily had him in the 2nd round. I agree, they wasted a pick for a solid skills pos player or a big ugly that will protect that qb.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is a major stiff that wasn't even a scholarship player out of high school. I'd say he's going to be the bust of the draft, but that honor is going to belong to Kyler Murray. He's going to be a disaster and then flee to baseball.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Murray is in a far worse situation. I'd be stunned if Kingsbury is the head coach in 2 years. They have a dreadful o-line and a worse front office who literally threw away their entire 2018 draft last night. Jones gets to sit behind Eli and learn. By the time he takes over in 2020, that team should be solid. As I said, time will tell. Murray has no chance of being a franchise QB. None.

Kyler Murray is in a GREAT situation. He’s going to get approximately $35m guaranteed with roughly $20-$23m upfront as a signing bonus. He may crash & burn, but fcvk it. Just know that if he doesn’t pan out, when he’s got a second career getting out of the midget clown car under the big top in front of 500 people, he’s not doing it for money, he’s doing it because he loves and embraces being a midget.

Now the Cards & Kingsbury on the other hand...well they’re not in such a great situation IMO.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I wonder if there are any Giants fans who believe picking Jones will turn out the same way it did when the Giants took an unknown Phil Simms(7th overall)in the first round back in 1979.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if there are any Giants fans who believe picking Jones will turn out the same way it did when the Giants took an unknown Phil Simms(7th overall)in the first round back in 1979.
If so, they had better believe they are going to take the next Lawrence Taylor soon, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.