Stricklin offers 2-for-1 with UCF; UCF AD says they "deserve better"

Jun 2, 2015

Fúck UCF.

I went to high school @ Robert E. Lee in Jax. with Phil Pharr.....isn't he a doctor? And I think he had a twin, Phyllis???

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What might he be talking about, I seem to remember us making some vague offer.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There is no fued between the schools, we are a power 5 SEC school who has a great schedule that we offered a position to them as a favor to help them out. They don't want it and that is fine with me.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
For home and home with UF, first, UCF needs to expand stadium to 75,000+, then join a P5 conference or play a P5 schedule (which means more than one P5 game per year). Then we may talk.

Jun 2, 2015
I cheer for UCF. My son went there, I took some classes there, the school is minutes from my house, I know some of the players who went there, my old neighbor was a coach there and I have enjoyed watching them play some very exciting football for the past few years while our Gators have been mired in suckatude.

And before anyone wants to question my Gator loyalties, be prepared to compare the number of years you've held season tickets.
:grin:
Divits, my son graduated from UCF with a degree in business administration & at the request of the current BA dean, he is now a mentor, He is in management with J&J and has even hired one of the students he mentored. Like you, I am still a loyal fan of my own school team, but also like to see UCF do well. I actually like all the FL teams *except FSU! No question but that UCF will need to play anyone, anytime, anywhere like Miami & FSU had to do in order to reach the home/home status with top teams.

Last edited:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I cheer for UCF. My son went there, I took some classes there, the school is minutes from my house, I know some of the players who went there, my old neighbor was a coach there and I have enjoyed watching them play some very exciting football for the past few years while our Gators have been mired in suckatude.

And before anyone wants to question my Gator loyalties, be prepared to compare the number of years you've held season tickets.
:grin:
23 and I am 50
Graduated in 1991
Sent two kids to UF
UCF sucks because their fans are a bunch of snowflakes. Suck it up and schedule some 2 for 1’s and win some big games. Then you can start claiming elite status. Pay your dues like everyone else.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Theybare but they are being little bytches about it.
White is either just crying for publicity or he’s a dumbass. What P5 school wants to give up a home game for the measly payout UCF would provide? He’s gotta understand the financial implications of a home and home for a P5 school, doesn’t he?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
White is either just crying for publicity or he’s a dumbass. What P5 school wants to give up a home game for the measly payout UCF would provide? He’s gotta understand the financial implications of a home and home for a P5 school, doesn’t he?
He's the AD version of lane kiffin at Tennessee. Just looking for pub any way he can get it, good or bad. He's a clown and it's not going to work out for him, but like lane, it played well to the fan base.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
It was an offer, not a negotiation. They declined. No biggie. We'll just move on to another insignificant program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.