Stricklin offers 2-for-1 with UCF; UCF AD says they "deserve better"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want any trips to Atlanta unless we've built the team capable of not getting destroyed and embarrassed there.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
The only big ten team I wanna see us play is Nebraska and that's to get some payback for 95.

As far as UCF goes it's foolish for us to do a 2 for 1 with them, what do we have to gain? If they wanna play we'll schedule them a one time home game at the beginning of the season or right before FSU like we do every other FCS or group of 5 school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont want to play Central or any other geographic Fla school once much less three times, though playing Charley Strong is cool, if he is still there.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We should schedule a home and home w/ Ga Tech, that way we are guaranteed a "trip to Atlanta"!! (just kidding, just kidding!! I crack myself up!).....
I'd love this. Gator fans would fill up half the stadium.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No big 10. We play that garbage every December already.
No we play the same ones every year. When was the last time we played Penn St or Nebraska ? We already have an ACC school every year, we just added a Pac 12 team (Colorado) and a Big 12 school (Texas). Big 10 is the last one to add to the schedule.

I wish we played 1 team from every conference each year. I'm all for rotating teams in each conference. We'd play every team in the country every 14 years. 2 home games 2 away away games each year. If you travel for Pac 12 and ACC then you get Big 12 and Big 10 at home. The following year it's the opposite. I'm sick of paying to go watch cupcake games.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
The only big ten team I wanna see us play is Nebraska and that's to get some payback for 95.

As far as UCF goes it's foolish for us to do a 2 for 1 with them, what do we have to gain? If they wanna play we'll schedule them a one time home game at the beginning of the season or right before FSU like we do every other FCS or group of 5 school.

UCF fans are so incredibly annoying that, at this point, if it was up to me I'd probably do it just so we could wax them and they'd finally STFU.

Maybe.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
No we play the same ones every year. When was the last time we played Penn St or Nebraska ? We already have an ACC school every year, we just added a Pac 12 team (Colorado) and a Big 12 school (Texas). Big 10 is the last one to add to the schedule.

I wish we played 1 team from every conference each year. I'm all for rotating teams in each conference. We'd play every team in the country every 14 years. 2 home games 2 away away games each year. If you travel for Pac 12 and ACC then you get Big 12 and Big 10 at home. The following year it's the opposite. I'm sick of paying to go watch cupcake games.

I like the concept, but the schedule would get brutal - too many chances to lose ones you should win.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I like the concept, but the schedule would get brutal - too many chances to lose ones you should win.
It would have to be tinkered with because the south would just be brutal because you'd be adding Clemson, FSU, Miami. You'd have to send LSU and A&M to a different conference. I don't even think you could come up with 40 teams to be honest. I've tried to figure it out but you'd have to add teams like Minnesota or UNC.

My point of it all is there really isn't very many teams that have a legit shot to even make the playoffs with how it is now. I really dont believe there is more than 18 teams that have a shot of ever making the playoffs. Why not trim some fat from the conferences and make it fare. There would be no doubt anymore if it went to 4 conferences with round robin schedules with the top 2 teams playing in a conference title game. That would basically turn it into an 8 team playoff.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I did not know that Danny White is Mike's brother. I had assumed that he was the former Dallas QB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UCF just signed this AD - who turned down a 2 for 1 w/ UF - to a 5 year deal worth over $1 million/year (he's making more than our AD):

UCF Knights sign AD Danny White to new 5-year contract

UCF signs AD White to new 5-year contract

UCF athletic director Danny White has signed a new five-year contract, with an annual one-year rollover clause, the school announced Tuesday.

White's base salary will be $1,081,500 and will increase by 5% every year on the rollover date. He or his new employer would owe UCF a $2.5 million buyout if he leaves before May 11, 2021, to become an athletic director at another school, an executive with a professional team, college conference or the NCAA, or an executive with a sports marketing, sports management company, broadcasting or social media company.

White has spearheaded an athletic department on the rise since he took over the job in 2015, starting with a football program that has drawn headlines for its performance over the past three seasons. Most notably, White declared the football team national champions following an undefeated 2017 season, starting a national conversation about whether the College Football Playoff should expand.

Beyond starting that conversation, the national champion declaration opened new doors to marketing and promotion. White helped secure $31.7 million in financial commitments in 2019, nearly double the previous year and nearly four times what UCF raised just three years earlier.

But the athletic department is more than just football. Last season, the men's and women's basketball teams made the NCAA tournament. Currently, the softball and baseball teams are ranked in the Top 25.

"I couldn't be more committed to building UCF for the long term -- and I am humbled to be able to lead such a talented group of coaches, staff, and student-athletes who make it all happen," White said in a statement. "I'd like to thank our interim president, Thad Seymour, for his leadership and unwavering support, as well as our many generous donors and sponsors who share our ambitious vision and are bringing it to fruition."

When White arrived, the football program had completed a winless season. He hired Scott Frost and two years later, UCF went 13-0 and the national championship declaration put White firmly in the spotlight. He drew praise from those on his own campus but the ire from many outside it, who thought he had no right to make any championship declarations.

White never backed down. In fact, UCF had merchandise printed up, signage put along the fence to its practice field and a national championship sign inside its home stadium as well. In an interview with ESPN after that season, White said, "I'm trying to make this place great, and I think it's going to be great because of the potential and the only way that's going to happen is if we're willing to make tough decisions and bold decisions sometimes. This maybe was a little of both."

As his profile has risen, White's name has been linked to open athletic director jobs at Power 5 institutions. But White has always maintained his commitment to UCF.

"I love the opportunity to build something here and I think we can build something special," White said in the ESPN interview. "I have no intention of seriously considering or looking at any other opportunity. Never considered anything. I'm really committed to being here. We can build a Top 25 athletics department here. We're just young, but we've got the market, we've got the recruiting base and we've got a great university."

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UCF just signed this AD - who turned down a 2 for 1 w/ UF - to a 5 year deal worth over $1 million/year (he's making more than our AD):

UCF Knights sign AD Danny White to new 5-year contract

UCF signs AD White to new 5-year contract

UCF athletic director Danny White has signed a new five-year contract, with an annual one-year rollover clause, the school announced Tuesday.

White's base salary will be $1,081,500 and will increase by 5% every year on the rollover date. He or his new employer would owe UCF a $2.5 million buyout if he leaves before May 11, 2021, to become an athletic director at another school, an executive with a professional team, college conference or the NCAA, or an executive with a sports marketing, sports management company, broadcasting or social media company.

White has spearheaded an athletic department on the rise since he took over the job in 2015, starting with a football program that has drawn headlines for its performance over the past three seasons. Most notably, White declared the football team national champions following an undefeated 2017 season, starting a national conversation about whether the College Football Playoff should expand.

Beyond starting that conversation, the national champion declaration opened new doors to marketing and promotion. White helped secure $31.7 million in financial commitments in 2019, nearly double the previous year and nearly four times what UCF raised just three years earlier.

But the athletic department is more than just football. Last season, the men's and women's basketball teams made the NCAA tournament. Currently, the softball and baseball teams are ranked in the Top 25.

"I couldn't be more committed to building UCF for the long term -- and I am humbled to be able to lead such a talented group of coaches, staff, and student-athletes who make it all happen," White said in a statement. "I'd like to thank our interim president, Thad Seymour, for his leadership and unwavering support, as well as our many generous donors and sponsors who share our ambitious vision and are bringing it to fruition."

When White arrived, the football program had completed a winless season. He hired Scott Frost and two years later, UCF went 13-0 and the national championship declaration put White firmly in the spotlight. He drew praise from those on his own campus but the ire from many outside it, who thought he had no right to make any championship declarations.

White never backed down. In fact, UCF had merchandise printed up, signage put along the fence to its practice field and a national championship sign inside its home stadium as well. In an interview with ESPN after that season, White said, "I'm trying to make this place great, and I think it's going to be great because of the potential and the only way that's going to happen is if we're willing to make tough decisions and bold decisions sometimes. This maybe was a little of both."

As his profile has risen, White's name has been linked to open athletic director jobs at Power 5 institutions. But White has always maintained his commitment to UCF.

"I love the opportunity to build something here and I think we can build something special," White said in the ESPN interview. "I have no intention of seriously considering or looking at any other opportunity. Never considered anything. I'm really committed to being here. We can build a Top 25 athletics department here. We're just young, but we've got the market, we've got the recruiting base and we've got a great university."

Just think about what a fine AD Mikey would make if he ever decided to stop masquerading as a basketball coach. Right now he could be building up another Group of Five athletic program

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just think about what a fine AD Mikey would make if he ever decided to stop masquerading as a basketball coach. Right now he could be building up another Group of Five athletic program
UCF needs Mike White. What a coup that would be for them to land such a great NIT tested coach.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Missouri's Chancellor just left to be the president of UCF. Is Missouri in shambles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.