Stricklin offers 2-for-1 with UCF; UCF AD says they "deserve better"

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One other thing, many people and athletes gave up om UF because of all the talent Doug Dickey wasted in the 70's.
We kinda felt snakebitten having gotten rid of the underachieving Dickey stench, rising as quickly as we did under Pell, only to have the whole thing come crashing down. It was a rollercoaster ride for a few years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator script was new when Pell came in. Boom, all of a sudden all these cars with the Gator script on a front license plate or as a sticker on the car. Gator pride was everywhere.

We retook the state in the early '80s. You really wonder what could have been if that paranoid dude hadn't unnecessarily decided to cheat. Pell didn't need to. He was dominating straight up.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
A few things come to mind...

f v c k ucf
f v c k fsu
f v c k bowden
f v c k uga

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator script was new when Pell came in. Boom, all of a sudden all these cars with the Gator script on a front license plate or as a sticker on the car. Gator pride was everywhere.

We retook the state in the early '80s. You really wonder what could have been if that paranoid dude hadn't unnecessarily decided to cheat. Pell didn't need to. He was dominating straight up.

:lmao:
NCAA followed Pell here from Clemson where he was a cheatin' m'fer....they knew he wouldn't change his spots....

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The universe is ready to give UCF its comeuppance. I for one hope that the humiliation heaped on them in the first half is so great that they have to be coaxed from the locker room to even complete the game.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
And second...who cares?
It’s the “everyone deserves a trophy” argument. By UCF claiming a national championship, it diminishes the hard work put in by Bama, Clemson and the other highly ranked power 5 schools who had their brains beat in by facing the best athletes that college football had to offer. It also does a disservice to the athletes at UCF because it engrains a sense of entitlement that could carry on into their future careers.

Let’s rethink this. I had a buddy in high school who studied his ass off, enrolled in strictly advanced courses and graduated in the top 1% of our class. I, on the other hand, took the easy road and avoided the advanced coursework Iike the plague, but still managed A’s. He’d look at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead if I tried to claim that I too was in the top 1% of our class. What UCF is doing is a complete joke.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It’s the “everyone deserves a trophy” argument. By UCF claiming a national championship, it diminishes the hard work put in by Bama, Clemson and the other highly ranked power 5 schools who had their brains beat in by facing the best athletes that college football had to offer. It also does a disservice to the athletes at UCF because it engrains a sense of entitlement that could carry on into their future careers.

Let’s rethink this. I had a buddy in high school who studied his ass off, enrolled in strictly advanced courses and graduated in the top 1% of our class. I, on the other hand, took the easy road and avoided the advanced coursework Iike the plague, but still managed A’s. He’d look at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead if I tried to claim that I too was in the top 1% of our class. What UCF is doing is a complete joke.
UCF has won 25 in a row. That takes a ton of work. There's no reason why don't deserve a shot in the CFP. Would they get destroyed? Who knows but people said the same thing about Boise. I also don't blame either AD for looking out for ucf/uf interests. What they should do is 1-1-1. One home/away/neutral site

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk you. We don't play in 40,000 seat shytholes. I wouldnt give them a home anything. Neutral and home for us, maybe. Or neutral in Atlanta, Miami, something like that.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UCF has won 25 in a row. That takes a ton of work. There's no reason why don't deserve a shot in the CFP. Would they get destroyed? Who knows but people said the same thing about Boise. I also don't blame either AD for looking out for ucf/uf interests. What they should do is 1-1-1. One home/away/neutral site
Everybody who’s been ranked in the top 15 the last few years would be 25-0 with that schedule. Just because you win all your games doesn’t give you a ticket to the playoff. UCF is the perfect example of the everyone gets a trophy generation.

What UCF thinks we see
300-gerard-butler.jpg

What we actually see
CRYING-CHILD-FACEBOOK.jpg

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
If they want to play the big boys they need to come to our house. There no reason for us to come to them. End of story.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody who’s been ranked in the top 15 the last few years would be 25-0 with that schedule

It is really anyone in the top 40-60. Basically anyone who can beat Memphis, which is a lot of teams.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Look, if they want to get to the party, they need to kick down the door. Nobody is going to invite them. I hate FSU more than any team in the country, but back when they were building their program, they played anyone, anywhere. They had one season where they played 5 straight road games against Nebraska, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Pitt and LSU. Playing 1 or 2 games a year against lower division teams from power 5 conferences won't get the job done. They need go beat some blue bloods on the road or shut the hell up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.