Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cant find a relevent thread for so much of this so here we go, general Go Gators summer stuff.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Elam is going to get some solid playing time this year. I bet he runs with ones a bunch. He'll be better than Steele in the long run.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

First instinct is to dump all over this, but I want to give somebody a chance to elaborate on why this makes any sense. How are we fundraising for new facilities for football ($$$$$ maker)? Where’s the SEC Network money going? Are we afraid to take on any debt?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

First instinct is to dump all over this, but I want to give somebody a chance to elaborate on why this makes any sense. How are we fundraising for new facilities for football ($$$$$ maker)? Where’s the SEC Network money going? Are we afraid to take on any debt?

My guess is they’ve spent the money on softball and baseball first. Leaving football for last because they know they CAN raise the funds for football. If they had done football first, no way in hell they raise the the money they’ve spent on softball and baseball ($85M?).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Elam is going to get some solid playing time this year. I bet he runs with ones a bunch. He'll be better than Steele in the long run.

I don’t know for sure that Elam will be better, but I definitely didn’t panic as much about Steele leaving. If Elam lives up to the hype, he’ll contribute enough to allow Gray to replace Steele in the 2020 class.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is they’ve spent the money on softball and baseball first. Leaving football for last because they know they CAN raise the funds for football. If they had done football first, no way in hell they raise the the money they’ve spent on softball and baseball ($85M?).

That could very well be it. And if it is I have an easy solution: forget softball and baseball. When they bring in enough revenue themselves then they can get new facilities :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If they had done football first, no way in hell they raise the the money they’ve spent on softball and baseball ($85M?).
Therr are 128 other FBS schools who would have to raise tens of millions (or maybe 100 mil) just to get to our baseline level of funding.

There is no excuse. Funding has NEVER been a problem at UF.

Cheap azz athletic directors are.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's absurd to wait for handouts. TAKE OUT A DAMN LOAN and start the process!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That could very well be it. And if it is I have an easy solution: forget softball and baseball. When they bring in enough revenue themselves then they can get new facilities :lol:
We can have this discussion in about 20-25 years when they feel like they need to upgrade softball and baseball again. It’s done this go around.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Never forget that UF is one of the few schools whose Athletic Association gives millions to the university's general fund each year. But additional fundraising is required for football. Guess who is in charge of fundraising? Everybody’s favorite, The one and only Jeremy N. Foley.

Does anyone know how long Foley’s AD emeritus contract lasts?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Well they can’t even do football until baseball is moved so there’s no point in people continuing to rail on baseball getting something first. Now softball I have no idea why that was first

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well they can’t even do football until baseball is moved so there’s no point in people continuing to rail on baseball getting something first. Now softball I have no idea why that was first
I’d say NCs but we’ve had several in football since we’ve done anything for those facilities.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Here's the bs. And I've put it on the Twitter thread mentioned here. People donated money based on being told everything would begin this year. Then it got delayed. Now I think unless there's a guarantee start date everyone should withhold money. We make WAY WAY WAY too much as a program to have any excuses.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Another thread complaining about facilities? This is like going to a concert and hearing the one song everyone knows 15 straight times.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Another thread complaining about facilities? This is like going to a concert and hearing the one song everyone knows 15 straight times.

Well, we read about never being able to recruit until we build them. Build it and they will come. Then we read the recruiting threads that say we suck at recruiting because we cant land top talent. So cornfusing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Where’s the SEC Network money going?

UF AD has a Deep State? Maybe money is disappearing into The Foley Foundation. Check see if Foley is getting outlandish payments for giving speeches somewhere. Mueller's available now. Have a feeling when the ball comes down, nobody will be calling "fair catch".

For 2019, right now, if they activate "saved money", and cash in on investment money, etc sources, since the Program hasn't just barely been getting by they could start football first and use that generated revenue-stream to finance those lesser costing, non-revenue sports. Something's backwards and it might not be me this time? :confused:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Never forget that UF is one of the few schools whose Athletic Association gives millions to the university's general fund each year. But additional fundraising is required for football. Guess who is in charge of fundraising? Everybody’s favorite, The one and only Jeremy N. Foley.

Does anyone know how long Foley’s AD emeritus contract lasts?

I believe that the King has the same type of deal that President Xi of China thrust upon himself, which is for Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.