Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Gotta believe that SCUM line will he going up once people actually research how bad the coCaines are.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

First instinct is to dump all over this, but I want to give somebody a chance to elaborate on why this makes any sense. How are we fundraising for new facilities for football ($$$$$ maker)? Where’s the SEC Network money going? Are we afraid to take on any debt?

First,second,third and fourth instinct is to dump all over this because it's BS. He's holding football hostage. If he doesn't break ground next summer I'm torching his house.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
First,second,third and fourth instinct is to dump all over this because it's BS. He's holding football hostage. If he doesn't break ground next summer I'm torching his house.

I put on the Twitter thread I will donate on condition that breaking ground takes place before June 1 next year. I did fail at qualifying it as 2020 though

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
DIWUN BLACK (@diwunblack) tweeted at 9:42 PM on Tue, May 28, 2019:
Of course he is , he’s wearing a Florida Gator shirt
()

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You can make a thread about no-one-gives-a-shyt sports if you want.
Just read a Andrew Greeley novel in which the heavy, a Notre Dame fan, is revealed as a bad guy because he dismisses every sport but football. Wondered if you gave Father Greeley permission to model a character after yourself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just read a Andrew Greeley novel in which the heavy, a Notre Dame fan, is revealed as a bad guy because he dismisses every sport but football. Wondered if you gave Father Greeley permission to model a character after yourself.
Look... here is a lil secret. I don't really dislike every other sport, I just don't want to hear people accepting the disaster that Fooley made and then trying to change the subject to "but softball" or whatever.

What Gator wouldn't want to see Gators excelling? In any sport or competition, research whatever? I want us to be the best of the best in everything.

But Im seething at them putting football last which is handcuffing Mullinz in recruiting which isn't his strong point anyway.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look... here is a lil secret. I don't really dislike every other sport, I just don't want to hear people accepting the disaster that Fooley made and then trying to change the subject to "but softball" or whatever.

What Gator wouldn't want to see Gators excelling? In any sport or competition, research whatever? I want us to be the best of the best in everything.

But Im seething at them putting football last which is handcuffing Mullinz in recruiting which isn't his strong point anyway.

This is my mindset exactly. I LOVE the other sports -- went to all of them as a student and would probably be dragging the kids to all these events if I lived in Gainesville. This is a separate track from a belief that football is the engine to the Gator Athletics car. You must take care of the engine, else the other parts suffer. The hubris that your base will always foot the bill for your athletics department despite your ignoring of said engine is foolish and costly, long term. We are seeing the fruits of that philosophy right now.

If the Gator Football program is elite, all the teams on campus benefit. If the reverse is true, the car will eventually break down. We don't want to see that happen, but guys like us hear the engine knocking, severely, after a decade of neglect and will continue to be the Check Engine light on the dash until the problem is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.