Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Inside the Gators did an article on Ethan White and his "massive strides." Anyone subbed? I'm curious as to his weight and how he is doing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Inside the Gators did an article on Ethan White and his "massive strides." Anyone subbed? I'm curious as to his weight and how he is doing.
Im not too concerned about his weight. He looked great sizewise at the spring game. Id like to hear about technique and strength. The early reports were he was an absolute beast in the weightroom.

You cant teach size and freak strength.

I remember some suggesting he was going to be invited out of this class. So glad you were wrong.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Unk (@UnkleSilk) tweeted at 8:30 AM on Sun, Jun 02, 2019:
The young phenomenon
()

This dude will make us forget Steele was even here.....amazing to see him not even take a class yet and already making an impact on our future

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Steele = Cali 5 *= 3*

Im sure he will do ok going against those soft azz PAC receivers. Would have been mediocre at best here.

Hopefully we now stop wasting our time out there. The answer to failing in our backyard is working harder here, not running to Cali or South Fla.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I remember some suggesting he was going to be invited out of this class. So glad you were wrong.

Any time a player is bordering on 400 pounds, he is in danger of being dropped. I’m glad White’s weight seems to be under control.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any time a player is bordering on 400 pounds, he is in danger of being dropped. I’m glad White’s weight seems to be under control.
He might be still close to 400, he is just much harder.

He was playing with the 2s thia spring, ahead of third and fourth year players. That tells you all you need to know as to what the staff thinks. I trust Mullinz and Hevesy on OL as much as Ive ever trusted any coach.

I expect big things from this giant manchild.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
He might be still close to 400, he is just much harder.

He was playing with the 2s thia spring, ahead of third and fourth year players. That tells you all you need to know as to what the staff thinks. I trust Mullinz and Hevesy on OL as much as Ive ever trusted any coach.

I expect big things from this giant manchild.
Article says he dropped 35lbs. Probably around 350. Also better nutrition in college and better work habits. wil probably drop a few more by fall. Better watch how you talk about him or you will have to deal with Mama!

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mullen’s philosophy makes me confused. He wants big uglies on the o-line and safeties on the d-line.

:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen’s philosophy makes me confused. He wants big uglies on the o-line and safeties on the d-line.

:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:
Well, to be fair he used to have beef on the DL too.

I think this is Grantham not Mullinz.... but Grantham used to run three huge DL, like nearly 1000 pounds worth. Im thoroughly confused at this point.

You see that the Louisville OLB was 260. Hell he will be the second biggest guy on the field a lot this year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Im not too concerned about his weight. He looked great sizewise at the spring game. Id like to hear about technique and strength. The early reports were he was an absolute beast in the weightroom.

You cant teach size and freak strength.

The problem with this sports board and being old is that one can only remember his own position and can't remember who was pro and who was anti. I wanted him in the class as soon as I saw his massive arms. He had a grown man's arms while still in highschool.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The point wasn't to embarrass anyone. Besides, if everyone was a dumper, we wouldn't have a board. No one would be here just to hear dumpers 24/7.

The point was we don't have that fvkking moron and it certainly wasn't clear that we werent going to be stuck with him for 4-6 years, you know bc he beat Mizzu out of the east "crown" twice.

Only coach in history to win the East his first two seasons on the job. That’s purty kewl and purty special.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with this sports board and being old is that one can only remember his own position and can't remember who was pro and who was anti. I wanted him in the class as soon as I saw his massive arms. He had a grown man's arms while still in highschool.
Regardless of my liking big butts stance, obviously the band is full of tuba players w big butts who arent potential OL.

When I heard the early reports about how freakishly strong he was, I was sold.

On the OL and DT especially, stars dont matter as much. It is just too hard to predict who wont get hurt, who will work in the weightroom, who has the genes to develop, who has the smarts (OL have to be smartest on the field), etc. Plus Id usually rather have a fifth year RS Sr three star than 4+ or 5 star third year Jr who is only worried about getting to the NFL as absolutely quickly as possible.

Hevesy may not be an elite recruiter but he is an elite developer of OL talent. There are very few in his category. I trust him as much as an OL coach. If he wants the kid, we are good.

There were some complaining about us taking him. I dont remember who. They also said he'd surely get pushed out bc we wouldnt take 7. It was crazy talk all.along, especially given how poor our talent level on the OL was.

Last edited:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
1st three games of uf schedule are night games, now it looks like LSU game will be a night game also

10-3 (@LRYALL140) tweeted at 10:34 AM on Mon, Jun 03, 2019:
CBS moved lsu @ bama to off of the prime time slot? Yep that means Florida @ lsu will be at night in Death Valley.
()

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members