Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

devincdoss

Jul 7, 2019
As to the McWilliams watch, some good news from 247:

there is hardly any physical dropoff in terms of size or length at the second string, where freshmen Kaiir Elam and Jaydon Hill began the day on Friday.

As to safety watch, less positive, though predictable news:

-- Defensively during walk-throughs, the starting lineup was as follows:

DE Jabari Zuniga
DT Adam Shuler
NT Kyree Campbell
BUCK Jeremiah Moon
MLB David Reese
MONEY Amari Burney
CB Marco Wilson
STAR Trey Dean
S Donovan Stiner
S Jeawon Taylor

CB CJ Henderson

Is Brad Stewart in trouble with the coaches or something? He is the best safety on this team and there's no reason 13 or 29 should be starting over him

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Stewart and Davis the back ups? Do the coaches actually watch the defense play?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is Brad Stewart in trouble with the coaches or something? He is the best safety on this team and there's no reason 13 or 29 should be starting over him

I think Stewart is one of the guys rumored to be suspended for the scum game

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
UGA would run for 300 yards against that group. I'm not sure we have a lineup that can stop the run against them, and that hurts to say.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
UGA would run for 300 yards against that group. I'm not sure we have a lineup that can stop the run against them, and that hurts to say.
Cmon, you know this ain't true. You do know football is situational, right? Who were our run stoppers last season ? How come they didnt get close to 300 against us last year?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Cmon, you know this ain't true. You do know football is situational, right? Who were our run stoppers last season ? How come they didnt get close to 300 against us last year?
I've stayed out of the discussion on here about how close last years game was, because I was at the game and they ran it down our throats in the fourth quarter. We had no answer for it. Our only hope this year is a healthy secondary has them on lockdown while the rest of the defense sells out on the run.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

When that came up, to me it started to shed some light on perhaps why we don't see him starting despite him being the better Safety. If it's true that he's suspended again, I think he clearly has some behavior issues that are impacting his standing with the staff. At a minimum, he's not doing all the right things off the field that they want to see from him. Being great athletically doesn't do much good if he can't be depended on to be eligible each week. I don't like seeing the other two on the field any more than anyone else, and have been fairly vocal about that. But again, IF these rumors are true, I can understand why they feel the need to put them out there.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I've stayed out of the discussion on here about how close last years game was, because I was at the game and they ran it down our throats in the fourth quarter. We had no answer for it. Our only hope this year is a healthy secondary has them on lockdown while the rest of the defense sells out on the run.
I'm not sure if that is correct. They had 2 runs. One was a whiff by stiner. The 2nd was with 4 min left and the game out of hand.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I thought Grantham was always super aggressive?

I think they threw for 250 because we were without 2 starting CBs and our best safety.

devincdoss

Jul 7, 2019
When that came up, to me it started to shed some light on perhaps why we don't see him starting despite him being the better Safety. If it's true that he's suspended again, I think he clearly has some behavior issues that are impacting his standing with the staff. At a minimum, he's not doing all the right things off the field that they want to see from him. Being great athletically doesn't do much good if he can't be depended on to be eligible each week. I don't like seeing the other two on the field any more than anyone else, and have been fairly vocal about that. But again, IF these rumors are true, I can understand why they feel the need to put them out there.

I think an intervention is in line if this is the case. (courtesy of the B-Stew fan club)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Last I heard the rumor was Stewart would miss the first 3 games and I see Huggins is out for family reasons but he was rumored to be facing some type of issue so that might be code words for that.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Last I heard the rumor was Stewart would miss the first 3 games and I see Huggins is out for family reasons but he was rumored to be facing some type of issue so that might be code words for that.
This can't be true about Stewart, according to tiger fans the only reason Kelvin Joseph is considering transferring here is because we don't drug test or suspend players.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I get it, but who really knows. Is blitzing a better way to protect a backup CB? Less coverage time? More confidence in jumping routes?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

I’m not putting this on you two, but I don’t get the idea that we almost won this game from Gator fans. Did we do things early that showed good coaching and a chance to cause an upset if everything broke our way, I suppose briefly (as in until Franks missed the flea flicker on the first play). But, we also let up 36 points, none on returns or defensive scores, were more than doubled up on points and passing yards and gave up nearly 200 yards rushing. The yards we gave up would have ranked our run defense at 90th in the nation, and that was while UGA realized they could destroy our safeties without Stewart and corners without Marco or Henderson.

We were coached well on offense and ran the ball well enough to keep it close longer than many expected, but it’s a four quarter game and they won convincingly while making us one dimensional on offense (Franks helped them).

How many on here would argue that the Michigan game was actually a close one? It was a 3 point game at the half.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We almost won that game the same Tinerc idiots say they almost beat us, except for the turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.