Sun Devils Fire Herm Edwards

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Has Emory played two top 15 teams?
He's played 1. Threw for over 220 yards with a td. NO picks.
56 / 45 / 45 - Those are the rankings of the last 3 recruiting classes at Az St. Thats what he's working with.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's played 1. Threw for over 220 yards with a td. NO picks.
56 / 45 / 45 - Those are the rankings of the last 3 recruiting classes at Az St. Thats what he's working with.

Lol the only ranked team he played also gave up 44 points to Jim McElwain’s Central Michigan. Other two opponents make USF look like world beaters.

We all saw it with our own eyes how much better AR was than Emory last year. If Napier can get that out of him this year is to be seen. At least with AR, you know the potential is in there. EJ? Nah. Good kid tho

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Lol the only ranked team he played also gave up 44 points to Jim McElwain’s Central Michigan. Other two opponents make USF look like world beaters.

We all saw it with our own eyes how much better AR was than Emory last year. If Napier can get that out of him this year is to be seen. At least with AR, you know the potential is in there. EJ? Nah. Good kid tho
Yeah, last year coming off the bench when teams didnt prepare for him. Sure didnt take them long to figure him out this season. Ppl can like and make all the excuses they want, idc. I'm just saying I never remember Emory or hell, Franks for that matter, being the LAST ranked QB in the SEC when they started for UF.

His QBR vs USF was fkn ELEVEN.. Read that again.

He is last in the Conf in Comp %, Yards per pass, total passing yards, longest pass and is tied for 1st with 4 ints... Woof

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
They are about to play Utah, let's see how that goes.
Well, theyre gonna lose, I'm sure of it. But I'll bet his QBR will be more than 11.

BTW, saying a team like AZST whos recruiting has been sh** and their HC literally just got fired is going to lose to the reigning Conf Champ whos HC is one of the most tenured in the Nation really isnt the indictment against the new QB that you think it is.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
God, now we’re pining for Emory? Gag me.

Daryl, AR has had a couple of bad games, I think we get it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If AR doesn’t work out, it means we had two non-QBs last year. That’s it. It doesn’t validate EJ in any way, especially considering that outside of Utah, there will be no comparable opponents. He had ample opportunity to play well and failed in every instance, often in historical fashion. The entire controversy last year was in part his fault for sucking, and in part Mullen’s for insisting on putting AR in throughout the game where fans saw an apples v apples comparison.

Again, if AR doesn’t make it, it will really just be a greater indictment of Mullen and his recruiting.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I wanted to lol until I looked at the stats and saw he has more passing yards on less attempts than AR and 2 tds with no picks. EJ 60% passing / AR 53%

AR's issue is in his head unlike EJ who does not have the skills. There is a difference.

Franks looked good on paper but could not read the field. Trask could read the D and had a quick release.

AR has the physical skills in spades but can he use them on game day? THIS game day?

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
AR has the physical skills in spades...
racist wonder showzen GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The difference is Mullen’s guys would be Amazon delivery drivers or in mattress sales if not for him. Have any of Hev, TG, Billy G or Knox even been hired elsewhere?

Agreed. I was thinking more like if they were competent at all they would never have been working with Cousin Eddie to begin with

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
God, now we’re pining for Emory? Gag me.

Daryl, AR has had a couple of bad games, I think we get it.
Don't look now, but what Daryl is doing is...defending Mullinz!

:eek2::eek::nervous:

You know, back in the 1930's in Australia, there was a plague of beetles destroying the sugarcane crops. So they imported cane toads from South America to eat the beetles. Then the cane toads became a problem because they also ate a ton of other things that threw off the ecological balance. So the Australians tackled that problem by relocating from elsewhere in Australia a certain breed of predatory ants, that ate the eggs and newly-hatched tadpoles of the cane toads.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you still have @Swamp Donkey's number? He could restore the ecological balance of the site, starting with this Daryl situation.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Why? Oxy and the donk talk on the regular.
He's referring to the "asking for a friend" phrase, which tends to have the same effect on Ox as a red cape waved in his face, but in this case I did identify the friend in question, so that makes it different. Or so I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.