Sun Devils Fire Herm Edwards

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough. Kid ran for his life so I can’t knock him. 5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss. AZST OL never got off the bus
Damn, you really love yourself some Emory.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Damn, you really love yourself some Emory.
No, just the reality of the situation. You won’t find many QBs having a good day when they get sacked 5 times in ONE game…8 tackles for loss, that’s very telling.
I just chuckle how you guys move heaven n earth making excuses for ppl you like but don’t afford the same for another player that you clearly don’t..
I’ll bet if that was AR getting chased the whole game you’d be throwing the OL under the bus in a heartbeat.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
29/482665.5105-37
That Brady guy is pretty good imo, here’s his day on his perfect team vs the Giants when they made him run for his life.. This was the season he threw for 50 tds.. 1 in this game.
No, I’m in no fkn way saying EJ is Brady, just reality of the game that even the best are affected by pressure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No, just the reality of the situation. You won’t find many QBs having a good day when they get sacked 5 times in ONE game…8 tackles for loss, that’s very telling.
I just chuckle how you guys move heaven n earth making excuses for ppl you like but don’t afford the same for another player that you clearly don’t..
I’ll bet if that was AR getting chased the whole game you’d be throwing the OL under the bus in a heartbeat.
AR is 50 times the QB Emory is. Maybe 100 times. Perhaps even 1000 times.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
AR is 50 times the QB Emory is. Maybe 100 times. Perhaps even 1000 times.
For the season he's hitting 54% of his passes, 2 tds, 5 picks.
EJ starting for UF hit 65% for the season.
But you are welcome to your opinion, even if the stats suggest otherwise at this point.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For the season he's hitting 54% of his passes, 2 tds, 5 picks.
EJ starting for UF hit 65% for the season.
But you are welcome to your opinion, even if the stats suggest otherwise at this point.
Wait. AR just threw for 453 yards and had over 500 total yards in one game against a top 15 SEC team, and you still are trying to convince people that EJ is the better QB? Even though AR clearly outperformed EJ all year last year, and EJ has never had a performance anywhere close to what AR just dispayed?

:what:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Wait. AR just threw for 453 yards and had over 500 total yards in one game against a top 15 SEC team, and you still are trying to convince people that EJ is the better QB? Even though AR clearly outperformed EJ all year last year, and EJ has never had a performance anywhere close to what AR just dispayed?

Can't Fix Stupid

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017

Threw 44 passes, hit a little over half of em.

There are THREE teams in CFB whos pass defense is worse than UTs

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I see, so completion percentage is everything. Anyone can dink and dunk and complete 70% for 150 yards.

Let go of your hate, it's embarrassing. You claimed AR "can't throw". You were wrong.

You keep comparing current stats. It's going to be damn funny to compare the stats at the end of the year.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I already said I hope he proves me wrong. but hitting 53% of your passes against the worst pass D we'll see this season isnt going a long way in doing so.

Isnt the whole part of the QB position based on you throwing the ball where the receiver can catch it?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

EJ having a 53% completion percenatage against Utah while AR's was 70% against them really hurts your main argument. Also, AR's QB rating against Utah was a 96.4, while EJ's was 8.5. Against the same competition, EJ never comes close.

Yes, Richardson had two bad games, but that's hardly reflective of his ceiling and his end of the year stats. Richardson has at least shown tons of potential and more good than bad in his 1.5 years of experience, while EJ simply has not.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
EJ having a 53% completion percenatage against Utah while AR's was 70% against them really hurts your main argument. Also, AR's QB rating against Utah was a 96.4, while EJ's was 8.5. Against the same competition, EJ never comes close.

Yes, Richardson had two bad games, but that's hardly reflective of his ceiling and his end of the year stats. Richardson has at least shown tons of potential and more good than bad in his 1.5 years of experience, while EJ simply has not.
AZSTs OL is ****. Class rankings are in the 40s on avg. So youre not comparing apples to apples

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
You guys be sure to let me know when he starts throwing wrs open, hitting wrs on rhythm or putting touch on the ball n hitting them in stride for runs after the catch instead of making guys running open crossing routes either slow down to reach behind them, jump like Jordan or dive for passes when if they were hit in stride its a big play on a consistent basis.

Then, ill say I was wrong and he's grown into a passer.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys be sure to let me know when he starts throwing wrs open, hitting wrs on rhythm or putting touch on the ball n hitting them in stride for runs after the catch instead of making guys running open crossing routes either slow down to reach behind them, jump like Jordan or dive for passes when if they were hit in stride its a big play on a consistent basis.

Then, ill say I was wrong and he's grown into a passer.
Yes, because Emory Jones is well known for throwing receivers open, etc.

:jerkstore:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Yes, because Emory Jones is well known for throwing receivers open, etc.

:jerkstore:
I believe I said as bad as EJ and FF were, they were better than AR as passers. NEVER said they were great.
----------------------------
Not pining for anyone. Just said as bad as EJ and FF were, AR is worse. Neither of them were ever last in the Conf in every statistical category.
Here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb