Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I am still 100% on board. It’s going to be our best recruiting class since 2010. Looking very forward to next year.

Not that there was any excuse for today. The coaches deserve all the crap they are going to get this week. To say they need to end with a win against FSU is an understatement.
I'm still 100% waiting (and hoping) on that recruiting class. :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We’re gonna need to hit big in the portal at LB or it’s gonna be another long year.

We’ve seen Kitna throw 5 passes, most vs Eastern Washington. I guess we’ll hope he’s the next Trask and we get lucky.

For your last statement, I’m never wrong. Not once.
You are right about LBs and the portal.

We could get 35-40 newbies before the dust settles. That's a heck of a change in one year.

That's why I'm not really too despondent over the season. (Other than consistently piss poor special teams).

More concerned with ESD and the Portal.

(And some much needed program adjustments needed in the off season ... like an OC, a ST coach, more/better analysts, maybe a course on clock managment)

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
LSU had like 25 scholarship players with the program this Jan. Today's loss along with Kentucky and LSU's is on Billy, plain and simple. He better out recruit UGA and bama, if not we're fuched.

It doesn’t matter even if he does. He & the staff have to be able to coach the players and this staff isn’t very good at that.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Yea, that works for one season, maybe two. So long as recruits buy-in to the "vision" as opposed to the results on the field.

But let's be clear: the end result is the same when the coach is terrible at coaching.

There is literally zero excuse to lose this game. None. Vandy isn't a good team and every facet of our team played worse this week than compared to the last few weeks. That is on preparation and on coaching.

Congrats: you wanted AR to put up 400 yards passing to prove he could do it. Vs a chitty Vandy defense. As opposed to running the ball and winning the game, as has been our offensive identity for the last several weeks and all year long, really.

When you get outcoached, outplayed, and outhustled by a 4-6 Vandy team with ONE SEC win...you're a terrible coach. No amount of recruiting will fix that. We've got a Ron Zook clone here and will get Zook-esque results.
Billy can't hold Zook's jock. He's orders of magnitude worse.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Napier Season 1 Final Test. Pass or Fail versus the Noles. Then Recruit or Die. Gator Nation NOT impressed so far.

I'll reserve judgement until after the final test. But we should have ALL been more skeptical to begin with. I mean, if your brand new coach needs a communist-style reeducation camp to get the fan base excited about the hire, you likely hired the wrong guy. Just a thought.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is spot on . People at the top of their profession hate losing .Billy doesn’t seem to care either way . AR would be at the top of the portal if he left and every coach would love to have him . If we hypothetically canned Billy he would be working at a place like Akron or Troy.

You think South Carolina fires him before his first official game there?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Napier Season 1 Final Test. Pass or Fail versus the Noles. Then Recruit or Die. Gator Nation NOT impressed so far.

I'll reserve judgement until after the final test. But we should have ALL been more skeptical to begin with. I mean, if your brand new coach needs a communist-style reeducation camp to get the fan base excited about the hire, you likely hired the wrong guy. Just a thought.
Season 2 Episode 1 Spain GIF by National Geographic Channel

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Some may piss on Zook but he not only worked at the bank he owned the damn thing.
He points to his house on Lake Weir and says "The University of Florida paid for that house"
Would like to see him on the recruiting staff and special teams coach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not sure what will be worse....
Losing to FSU then they go on to win their bowl game finish 10-3 and probably in the top 15-18....in which case they probably steal several of our best recruits which they always do when they beat us.....we on the other hand will likely lose to them, play UCF again and finish 6-7 again and the 3rd best team in the state.....and then UCF steals some more of our recruits.....I hope you guys realize this is a strong possibility.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Today was frustrating as hell, and I did my best to set the record for expletives in the chat.....but I am not giving up on BN yet. This season hasn't gone like any of us wanted, but it is year 1. We have to give him time with better players to see how this will shake out. If we are consitently clowning around on game days in the future like we did today, then by all means hit the road jack. But that day isn't here yet. I could tell what kind of day this was going to be in the first quarter with all of the unforced errors and dropped wide open passes. Thats on the players. Period. Had they come in and executed....and I mean just simply catch the damn ball....we win this game running away. Instead the players farted away every opportunity and let Vandy start to believe.

Now that isn't to say Billy has no blame here....he most certainly does. But hell, even SOS had crappy outings against Vandy, MSU, UK, USCe, etc....with the best talent in the SEC no less. News flash: Billy doesn't have the best talent in the SEC and when the players play down this happens. We didn't lose because of play calling.

Calling for his head this soon just makes Gator fans look like a bunch of retarded fuchs

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta love getting smoked by the suckholes. Can't wait for that. The entire athletic org sucks like back alley whore on 2 dollar Tuesday.
We've already lost? Well, that saves me from having to watch the game, at least.

I'll stick to my guns: If AR runs, we win. If he doesn't, we lose. Simple as that.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I didn’t read most of this drivel, but the point I made after the A&M game stands - IF AR RUNS, we win out easily.

He went back to not running, and the offense totally stagnated. If he does that again, FSU will slaughter us. He’s not a good enough passer to win games just with his arm.
Billy thought it made more sense for AR to throw 42 times and run 4. Dude just lost to UK and Vandy in the same season. Doesn't matter that its year 1. That's some seriously bad company to be in.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
This season sucks, but it was always gonna suck. Process oriented coaches don't win their first year. Saban didn't, Smart didn't, and Billy isn't.

Next year is the test, and it's a sharp test. Saban and Smart types get 10+ wins in their second season, their assistants who fail don't. If he's not undefeated going into UGly next year, it's time to move on, because he's not gonna get there. It's as simple as that.
He failed the test today

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
If we are going to continue going for it on 4th down, can we at least stop throwing it 20 yards downfield and instead get the 3 yards needed for the 1st down? Much higher percentage throw
Sure. We'll start taking intentional saftey's instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator