Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
tenor (3).gif

Raining, overcast. 82F now, high 86F.
Fernandina Beach.

I was going to spray for weeds this a.m. but rain. Will try out my 17" blackstone today for the first time (assuming the weather clears). Other than that, drinking coffee and reading the Kindle.

20200823_071201.jpg 20200823_071350.jpg 20200823_071539.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seedy is out bricking so I'll go cut the pasture before the rain comes in.
Stooped to a new low in this pandemic era and did something I never thought I'd do. Cooked dog food.:headslap: We have a senior dog that had some teeth pulled a few years ago. A friend gave me some frozen gourmet dog food that the pups loved. Instead of buying canned food again I cleaned out the fridge, cooked some rice, boiled eggs and added chicken. Can't believe I got up to cook for the dogs this morning.
I feel so :owned:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Seedy is out bricking so I'll go cut the pasture before the rain comes in.
Stooped to a new low in this pandemic era and did something I never thought I'd do. Cooked dog food.:headslap: We have a senior dog that had some teeth pulled a few years ago. A friend gave me some frozen gourmet dog food that the pups loved. Instead of buying canned food again I cleaned out the fridge, cooked some rice, boiled eggs and added chicken. Can't believe I got up to cook for the dogs this morning.
I feel so :owned:
Did you massage their paws and light their pipe for them too?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I made breakfast on the beautifully seasoned Blackstone ... and the damned bacon stuck. Scraped it off while cooking and it appears to be reseasoned. Strange. I didn't put additional oil on it prior to putting the bacon on, but it had a coat I put on after I seasoned it. I didn't think additional butter or oil would be needed. :dunno:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I made breakfast on the beautifully seasoned Blackstone ... and the damned bacon stuck. Scraped it off while cooking and it appears to be reseasoned. Strange. I didn't put additional oil on it prior to putting the bacon on, but it had a coat I put on after I seasoned it. I didn't think additional butter or oil would be needed. :dunno:

weird - you didn’t use some sort of tofurkey-bacon did you?

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cant wait for the Tuesday addition.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The blackened steaks came out great. I cooked Dad a well done T-Bone, my brother a medium well bone--in ribeye and a med rare bone-in ribeye for myself.

Forgot to take a pic. :headslap:

The griddle cooked as I expected and nothing stuck. Clean up was easy.

Two thumbs up on the blackstone griddle.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The blackened steaks came out great. I cooked Dad a well done T-Bone, my brother a medium well bone--in ribeye and a med rare bone-in ribeye for myself.

Forgot to take a pic. :headslap:

The griddle cooked as I expected and nothing stuck. Clean up was easy.

Two thumbs up on the blackstone griddle.

what?!? No pics - did it happen?

glad you like the BS.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I need to get out more. I had never heard of Flat Iron steak. Interesting history. I 'll have to try some.

It absorbs the marinade well. A lot of places use it as fajita meat. It’s tender if you cut it right and chewy if you don’t.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It absorbs the marinade well. A lot of places use it as fajita meat. It’s tender if you cut it right and chewy if you don’t.
You cut the middle gristle out? The first time I made Fajitas with flank steak I cut it wrong. Wound up throwing it out.:embarrassed:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
You cut the middle gristle out? The first time I made Fajitas with flank steak I cut it wrong. Wound up throwing it out.:embarrassed:

We like to marinade it in Dales seasoning, Lowry’s salt and garlic seasoning. Stab it repeatedly with a fork or knife. Sear it in a cast iron skillet with butter. Take it out and slice it into thin strips on the diagonal (watch a YouTube video on how to slice) and then finish cooking in the skillet. Add it to pasta, steamed broccoli and fresh Parmesan and it’s one of our favorite easy meals.

E

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

My first bacon stuck too - I fully seasoned it with bacon grease then and I haven’t had an issue since.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My first bacon stuck too - I fully seasoned it with bacon grease then and I haven’t had an issue since.
I have a 2 lb pail of bacon grease I bought for biscuits and frying. I think I'll season it a couple of more times with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator