Super Bowl LV Game Thread

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Brady wasnt the reason they won tonight. 9 points was. Can't blame refs when you score 9 points. KC had their chances.

Well the Chiefs got manhandled up front, there is no question about it. However, game completely changes when you're down 14 rather than down 3-6 going into halftime due to really poor calls. The refs obviously weren't the reason they lost but to say they didnt change the complexity of the game is completely wrong.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
And I've been a bucs fan since before they won in 2002. I always support tampa bay teams

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I mean in all fairness, we do have 23 playoff appearances compared to 11

Otis Taylor, Ernie Ladd, Lennie Dawson and the original Bucs TV color guy, Hank Stram!

BTW, that pic isn’t Shopped. Dawson really did smoke on the sideline.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Well the Chiefs got manhandled up front, there is no question about it. However, game completely changes when you're down 14 rather than down 3-6 going into halftime due to really poor calls. The refs obviously weren't the reason they lost but to say they didnt change the complexity of the game is completely wrong.
You still had multiple chances and came away with field goals. The bucs defense got pressure all night rushing 4. The bucs were simply better in all facets.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
You still had multiple chances and came away with field goals. The bucs defense got pressure all night rushing 4. The bucs were simply better in all facets.

We were down four healthy o-line. Let's not act like the Chiefs were at full strength....

Would it have made a difference? Who knows, maybe not but it was much easier for the Bucs Defense this time compared to week 12 due to it.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
We were down four healthy o-line. Let's not act like the Chiefs were at full strength.
You play with who you have, And who you had on the field was not near good enough. Btw, we played better Olines than your full health o line on the way here. We had to go through brees and rodgers to get here. KC? Easier path

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
You play with who you have, And who you had on the field was not near good enough. Btw, we played better Olines than your full health o line on the way here. We had to go through brees and rodgers to get here. KC? Easier path

Well no **** a bunch of back ups were not good enough against a healthy Dline. Were they the best in the league? No. Do they give Mahommes more time to pick apart a secondary, yes....

We basically had a bunch of Delance's out there tonight due to injury

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
It wouldn't have been enough. Stop acting like the bucs got lucky because of injuries. They went through a much better Oline with New Orleans, a team that crushed them in the regular season. They went through a better Oline in Green bay, and a pretty good QB there. I don't think a healthy Oline tonight for KC makes a 22 point difference. The bucs controled the game on both lines. Not just Oline. They were the all around better team, had the toughest path to get here, and it wasn't close.

You've pivoted to refs, to injuries. Just lose with grace, a better team beat you

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The bucs have been through SO MUCH dog **** since the last superbowl. Ain't nothing gonna rain on my parade

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
It wouldn't have been enough. Stop acting like the bucs got lucky because of injuries. They went through a much better Oline with New Orleans, a team that crushed them in the regular season. They went through a better Oline in Green bay, and a pretty good QB there. I don't think a healthy Oline tonight for KC makes a 22 point difference. The bucs controled the game on both lines. Not just Oline. They were the all around better team, had the toughest path to get here, and it wasn't close.

You've pivoted to refs, to injuries. Just lose with grace, a better team beat you

No where did I say the Bucs got lucky but very nice job trying to put words in my mouth.

A healthy offensive line allows for us to run the ball more and actually have time to look down field. A well called game erases 14 of the 22 points that were given on awful and I mean awful calls. Phantom holding on the Honey Badger INT and two uncatchable balls that were called PI.

Take those plays away, this game is much different. Bucs probably still win due to being injured but there was a reason we kicked your ass in week 12 because we were fully healthy.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Kicked our ass by 3 points?

Woke up a monster more like it. After that we started to take off. Lesson learned with that. We got in a 17-0 hole and you had to hold on.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Kicked our ass by 3 points?

Woke up a monster more like it. After that we started to take off. Lesson learned with that. We got in a 17-0 hole and you had to hold on.

When a WR has 200+ yards in the first half and youre down 17-0 and we let off the gas, yes that would be kicking your ass. The game wasnt close till the 4th

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Ah so about time you stopped being a fan...just to return when they rented the GOAT
Uh...I was around in the Greg Schiano, Morris, and Dirk years. We were a joke, and not a good one. They weren't fun to talk about, there was nothing to be proud of. We were poorly run, and poorly coached

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
When a WR has 200+ yards in the first half and youre down 17-0 and we let off the gas, yes that would be kicking your ass. The game wasnt close till the 4th
3 point win is a 3 point win...the first half was an ass kicking. The second half they hung on for dear life. We also learned our lesson on Hill.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Uh...I was around in the Greg Schiano, Morris, and Dirk years. We were a joke, and not a good one. They weren't fun to talk about, there was nothing to be proud of. We were poorly run, and poorly coached

Ah so just one of those quiet closet fans....

Like I said, enjoy it because the Chiefs will have a lot back and will likely have a shot at getting back next year. Bucs won't make it back again in your lifetime

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Ah so just one of those quiet closet fans....

Like I said, enjoy it because the Chiefs will have a lot back and will likely have a shot at getting back next year. Bucs won't make it back again in your lifetime
Bucs return the whole dang team and have a full offseason this time. You forget this team was 7-5 and it took half the season to get Brady in sync

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.