Support Gatorchatter!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I hope everyone that enjoys visiting this board will help Ox with the expenses, so that it can become even better. I will do all I can. Even though I have a membership with Gator Country, I still enjoy reading some of the comments made by members of the old GSMB. Ox, why don't you set up an automatic email, that will go to all new members, welcoming them and asking for their support? You could add the Pay Pal link. You may get some immediate support from new old stock members. Just a thought.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n6649 said:
I hope everyone that enjoys visiting this board will help Ox with the expenses, so that it can become even better. I will do all I can. Even though I have a membership with Gator Country, I still enjoy reading some of the comments made by members of the old GSMB. Ox, why don't you set up an automatic email, that will go to all new members, welcoming them and asking for their support? You could add the Pay Pal link. You may get some immediate support from new old stock members. Just a thought.
He takes donations from his podcast site. He has a link there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well thank you! I really appreciate the support, but I have no intention of going out of my way to solicit donations. Just showing up and posting is the important thing. By the way, aren't you jrcurtis? No one is going to recognize you under this new name so you might want to remind us who you are. Get an avatar, as well.

For those interested, I am actively researching upgrading the software for this site, which would open things up for a lot more customization. It would also greatly improve the mobile version. Stay tuned.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you don't have to actively solicit funds and you don't have to personally bear all the costs of developing this forum. Everyone seems very happy with what you have done and a lot are willing to help. Just put something on here where folks can voluntarily help if they want to.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n6736 said:
Ox, you don't have to actively solicit funds and you don't have to personally bear all the costs of developing this forum. Everyone seems very happy with what you have done and a lot are willing to help. Just put something on here where folks can voluntarily help if they want to.
I've already done that in the announcement at the top of the home page.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At least Ox isn't trying to peddle a prayer cloth or holy water for $$$$............yet.:lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
At least Ox isn't trying to peddle a prayer cloth or holy water for $$$$............yet.:lol:
Did you wonder at all who uploaded your avatar for you?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
I thought it might be you sir. I appreciate it. I really despise Time-Warner internet up here, they have a virtual monopoly up here if you bundle anything.

Thanks again sir! I'll put a donation in the offering plate by the end of the month.;)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I used jrcurtis on the GSMB. I will work on an avatar - just not very good with that kind of stuff. I appreciate all you have done, thus far and I will help any way I can - just say the word.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I might be unusual (actually I am) but I would be more motivated to give financial support if I had a general idea about how much such an effort costs. I read a blog and yearly he indicates how much he makes from advertising and what he spends. He puts in a lot of effort and makes a little money from it. He enjoys doing and as a doctor makes way less doing this than taking on some more shifts at work. I expect that Ox enjoys this as he did similar things for I assume free to support the former forum.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have paypal, but I'll figure something out with Ox.

That being said, I hope we can get some advertising to offset the operating costs. I sort of miss the hot, crazy looking chick in the tshirt ads.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

That being said, I hope we can get some advertising to offset the operating costs. I sort of miss the hot, crazy looking chick in the tshirt ads.
I agree about ads, but I want them focused on things that Gator fans (or perhaps sports fans in general) would be interested in. Perhaps shirts with this site's logo would be a good idea as well (it has been mentioned).

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, have you reached out to Fanatics yet? Seems they would want to put some ads here. What about web.com?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n6866 said:
Ox, have you reached out to Fanatics yet? Seems they would want to put some ads here. What about web.com?
Jabber could probably get you hooked up with Cafe Risqué.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n6742 said:
I've already done that in the announcement at the top of the home page.
This might come as a surprise to you but no one reads announcements.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n6882 said:
This might come as a surprise to you but no one reads announcements.

My name isn't no one!
:wobble:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n6847 said:

You don't have to have paypal...when you click on the donate button it will let you bypass paypal, then ask you if you want to set up an account at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator