soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
80 ft wave....and could he?

There was just a slight sense of sarcasm in my post. The biggest I ever surfed was 14ft during Bertha in '96. It was absolutely terrifying on nearly every drop. So I can't even imagine some of these waves.

Ironically, I was just watching a surfing youtube last night, and it was an entire 7 minutes just of clips of surfers being caught inside at what looked like Mavericks maybe. Trying to duck dive but being too late and getting sucked over the falls, or just staring at a 15 foot wall of whitewash coming at you with no hope.

I almost couldn't sleep afterwards.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
There was just a slight sense of sarcasm in my post. The biggest I ever surfed was 14ft during Bertha in '96. It was absolutely terrifying on nearly every drop. So I can't even imagine some of these waves.

Ironically, I was just watching a surfing youtube last night, and it was an entire 7 minutes just of clips of surfers being caught inside at what looked like Mavericks maybe. Trying to duck dive but being too late and getting sucked over the falls, or just staring at a 15 foot wall of whitewash coming at you with no hope.

I almost couldn't sleep afterwards.
Haven’t done larger than overhead but even that is intimidating... especially if you start to pearl dive!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Better to go like that than in some senseless tragedy.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Honestly I would pass. I been surfing for over four decades and 80' = WOW!.
I got my first shot at "big surf" right after New Years '87 --- Waimea Bay. Surf was a bit over 20' ---- not even close to what this dude is riding But after spending most of my surf life on 6-8's those 20's seemed like mountains. Total adrenaline rush!!! Ate it more than I made it. Would not have missed it for the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb