Swamp Gas still talking about us

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hey alpha, thanks for the shout-out. I'm getting a bunch of new traffic from Swamp Gas and now I know why.

Hey Swamp Gassers - join us. You won't regret it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Title really should say Swamp Gas is still talking about Ox.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is irongator Quasimodo or Sid? Gotta be one of the two.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm being told by a reliable source that irongator is in fact Sid.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta admit that was pretty funny....Quasimodo would be my guess...

Basically there was this guy Ox who insulted the management of the new company that had bought the Gainesville Sun. They had presented their vision for the future of the board to all the members, and wanted to make some much needed updates and enhancements. However, Ox didn't like the new plans and told them they had "the brains of a hamster", among other things. Management then got offended and realized that they weren't going to be able to operate the board in a productive manner with a tyrant like Ox wielding so much influence. They gave a few warnings, but ultimately decided it was best to just shut it down.

A lot of people wanted Lord Sid from Washington D.C. to return and administrate the board through his trusted Roundtable - maybe it could have been saved under his leadership. It could have been like "Return of the King." However, Sid had been appointed to President Obama's cabinet and just had too much on his plate, what with the healthcare law, the Russians, etc. There was also a hipster in Brooklyn named Slevin that probably could have been capable of administrating the board, but I think he was just too busy, as well. I think he worked at Urban Outfitters during the day and then did some barista work at Starbucks at night, so he was crunched on time.

It's unfortunate the way it went down, but you can't really blame that company's management for not wanting to work with Ox. He was being totally unfair about the changes and wanted to make the board his personal playground.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Why would someone other than Sid refer to him as Lord Sid? Of course that's who he is.
Quasimodo would, and so would kuby. They both did when he was on the GSMB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n36866 said:
Why would someone other than Sid refer to him as Lord Sid? Of course that's who he is.

I doubt it - because its kind of making fun of Sid also.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is freaking hilarious. You know, when you look at some of the policies in Washington, it's realistic that Sid is a cabinet member I mean after all, Al Sharpton is is an advisor.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I LOL'd at the tale being spun by "irongator" Felt like I was back in storytime at the library, except for swamp gas fans instead of kids Just add a "once upon a time" to the beginning.

and I quote: :hahaha:
"Basically there was this guy Ox who insulted the management of the new company that had bought the Gainesville Sun. They had presented their vision for the future of the board to all the members, and wanted to make some much needed updates and enhancements. However, Ox didn't like the new plans and told them they had "the brains of a hamster", among other things. Management then got offended and realized that they weren't going to be able to operate the board in a productive manner with a tyrant like Ox wielding so much influence. They gave a few warnings, but ultimately decided it was best to just shut it down.

A lot of people wanted Lord Sid from Washington D.C. to return and administrate the board through his trusted Roundtable - maybe it could have been saved under his leadership. It could have been like "Return of the King." However, Sid had been appointed to President Obama's cabinet and just had too much on his plate, what with the healthcare law, the Russians, etc. There was also a hipster in Brooklyn named Slevin that probably could have been capable of administrating the board, but I think he was just too busy, as well. I think he worked at Urban Outfitters during the day and then did some barista work at Starbucks at night, so he was crunched on time.

It's unfortunate the way it went down, but you can't really blame that company's management for not wanting to work with Ox. He was being totally unfair about the changes and wanted to make the board his personal playground."

Does anyone know if this guy is mentally OK or just normal delusional? or 12?​

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Captain Sasquatch;n36866 said:

I doubt it - because its kind of making fun of Sid also.
Yeah, not sid's writing style. Could be Kuby or Bammer or one of the other dildos.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They love me over there. Some people still actually believe I single-handedly brought down the GSMB. I was just an idiot moderator whose access could have been pulled with a couple of keystrokes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;36879 said:
They love me over there. Some people still actually believe I single-handedly brought down the GSMB. I was just an idiot moderator whose access could have been pulled with a couple of keystrokes.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :sadnanner:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was a longtime member there. I heard that Slevin, one of the mods, was responsible for making sure the hamsters were fed and the cages were cleaned out regularly. Anyway, it appears the hamsters died for some reason. Story goes that the wee little man Ox banned Slevin and his buddy Wooble. Slevin complained about Ox not treating him and Wooble fairly and so rather than become ensnared in a protracted legal battle, they decided to just shut the board down. I understand one of the posters on gatorchatter who goes by the name Ambulancechaser is a big hit with a lot of the regulars.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I was a longtime member there. I heard that Slevin, one of the mods, was responsible for making sure the hamsters were fed and the cages were cleaned out regularly. Anyway, it appears the hamsters died for some reason. Story goes that the wee little man Ox banned Slevin and his buddy Wooble. Slevin complained about Ox not treating him and Wooble fairly and so rather than become ensnared in a protracted legal battle, they decided to just shut the board down. I understand one of the posters on gatorchatter who goes by the name Ambulancechaser is a big hit with a lot of the regulars.
:proud:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n36879 said:

The truth is they lost a lot of traffic because you banned so many people. By the end there were hardly any posters left. Plus, at least 50% of the people you banned were African American or Inuit, which left them wide open for a civil rights violation lawsuit.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Hey alpha, thanks for the shout-out. I'm getting a bunch of new traffic from Swamp Gas and now I know why.

Hey Swamp Gassers - join us. You won't regret it.
No problem my friend. I take every chance I get to talk about gatorchatter.com. You have done an amazing job with this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.