Swimming coach Gregg Troy retiring

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One of only 9 coaches in UF history to lead a program for 20 years or longer (interesting Jeremy Foley quote):

Troy Rescued UF Swimming
He inherited a mess in 1998 and began the reconstruction of the Gators immediately.

http://floridagators.com/news/2018/4/25/chris-harry-gregg-troy-rescued-uf-swimming.aspx

"I became athletic director in '92, and sometime the next year I tried to make Gregg Troy my very first hire. I played the negotiating game and lost. He turned me down," former AD Jeremy Foley recalled. "To be honest, I didn't know what I was doing. The next time I went calling on him, Gregg had incredible leverage on me."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for posting BMF. Coach Troy has been an incredible representative of UF and ambassador for swimming. He has coached some great swimmers and Olympians. He is a class act and will be very difficult to replace. Best wishes to him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"To be honest, I didn't know what I was doing."

I'm pretty sure Foley said that about Mac, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"To be honest, I didn't know what I was doing."

I'm pretty sure Foley said that about Mac, too.
If he ever gets a statue somewhere in the bowels of the swamp, in a dark corner of a room with block walls and near some broken toilets, that should be the inscription.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.