2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
15202543_10202438150872009_928587497287875686_n.jpg
Thought you said sleeps with the fish.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If you’ve never seen a giant hammerhead up close you really can’t understand how big they are. Dorsal fin looks like a friggin sail it sits so high out of the water.

are they attracted by human vomit, profuse tear drops, urine and feces?
'cause that's what I would have offered up if I had seen that beast swimming around me like that

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
are they attracted by human vomit, profuse tear drops, urine and feces?
'cause that's what I would have offered up if I had seen that beast swimming around me like that
I was surf fishing at Villanova beach about 30 years ago when I first saw one. Just came back in from chest deep water after casting out a cut mullet for bluefish when I looked back and saw that beast cruising right behind a wave. Looked like a Buick!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I was surf fishing at Villanova beach about 30 years ago when I first saw one. Just came back in from chest deep water after casting out a cut mullet for bluefish when I looked back and saw that beast cruising right behind a wave. Looked like a Buick!

I didn't realize they got that big... certainly a sphincter-slamming-shut experience.

I caught a barracuda charter fishing off of one of the Keys... technically I caught some type of fish and the line went limp.
Reeled it in and it was just a fish head left on the hook... Captain said it was probably a barracuda, toss the head out.
So I did and then caught the 'cuda. It was huge and had some nasty, snaggly teeth. not one to tangle with in the water for sure.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize they got that big... certainly a sphincter-slamming-shut experience.

I caught a barracuda charter fishing off of one of the Keys... technically I caught some type of fish and the line went limp.
Reeled it in and it was just a fish head left on the hook... Captain said it was probably a barracuda, toss the head out.
So I did and then caught the 'cuda. It was huge and had some nasty, snaggly teeth. not one to tangle with in the water for sure.
Cudas are pretty harmless in the water. They only go nuts when they see a struggling fish. Wouldn’t ever have a stringer of fish near me with cudas in the area, though.
Sharks scare the hell out me in the water. Big ones even give me pause while I’m in a boat. :lol:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Kinda like this one?

image (2).png

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda like this one?

Some of the most fun you can have is cuda fishing in the keys. Wade the flats casting a silver Johnson spoon up against the mangroves with a light spinning rod. You can catch 100 or more a day. Most are 12-24 inches but you’ll hook a monster occasionally and you have to literally chase after them to keep from getting spooled. Then, you have to figure out how to unhook that SOB 500 yards from the shoreline! :lol:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the most fun you can have is cuda fishing in the keys. Wade the flats casting a silver Johnson spoon up against the mangroves with a light spinning rod. You can catch 100 or more a day. Most are 12-24 inches but you’ll hook a monster occasionally and you have to literally chase after them to keep from getting spooled. Then, you have to figure out how to unhook that SOB 500 yards from the shoreline! :lol:

I caught that one off the rocks at Nassau Sound with a finger mullet. Caught a lot out of a boat, thats the first from the bank.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
I caught that one off the rocks at Nassau Sound with a finger mullet. Caught a lot out of a boat, thats the first from the bank.
Note in the picture of me sleeping with the fishes there is a cuda in that picture. They actually eat them in the Bahama's. Our captain asked us to keep one so he could take it home to his family. We offered him a Mahi or some Tuna but he said he would rather have the Cuda.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Note in the picture of me sleeping with the fishes there is a cuda in that picture. They actually eat them in the Bahama's. Our captain asked us to keep one so he could take it home to his family. We offered him a Mahi or some Tuna but he said he would rather have the Cuda.

I saw that. How did you get the shorts on that ol blowfish?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was gonna be my next comment. She knew, she could see Uncle Henry trying to catch his breath.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I caughta biggun one time in the keys with my little brother in our 13ft Whaler. It was like ALL TEETH..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.