Taggelwain Excusers

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So.... I keep hearing from the last hangers on the the Taggeltrain that he just needs to get talent to win.

Clowntown has had great classes forever. How many bluechippers does Taggelwain need to win?

Or sometimes we hear he is there just to restock the shelves. How? Again, they've had top 2-5 classes for a decade. Taggelwain is going to do better than that? #1 class presumably. Does that extra one or two bluechippers really change their situation?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In what seems to be a pattern familiar to Gators, I will also note that, AGAIN, he has six DBs.
Warchant.com

And one OL. Perhaps we should call him Taggelchump.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
10th last year. But yeah, 2, 3 and 5 the three prior years. That team is stocked.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
$28M guaranteed to “restock the shelves”?

:lmao2:
Great point.

2017 12 bluechippers, 4 five stars (more than our entire roster)
2016 19 blues, 1 five stars
2015 15 blues, 5 five stars
2014 16 blues, 3 five stars

Now admittedly, some of those 2014ers are gone but some of the 2013ers are redshirt seniors.

How much talent does it take for Taggelwain to not get blown out by Syracuse and go 5-7.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
The excuse in favor in Tallahassee is that he needs a whole new set of players to run his “Gulf Coast Offense”. Apparently, Tags don’t modify whatever excuse for an offensive philosophy he owns in order to suit his loaded up offense. Then there’s silence regarding the defense. Well, except the whole “the defense can only hold up so long” excuse.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“The most frustrating thing about it as former players we didn’t see any fight, emotion from current players. I was part of two wide rights (versus) Miami, so we know what it’s like having to fight. We need everyone to come together," former All-American and FSU Hall of Fame defensive back Clifton Abraham told the Democrat.

"Just watching this team play was frustrating, it was a shock at times. There are teams around the country that aren’t accustomed to winning and they play hard. We know the difference between winning and losing.

"We just want to see some improvement.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds to me like it's a total lack of commitment. Abraham said It all. No fight, no emotion.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
The excuse in favor in Tallahassee is that he needs a whole new set of players to run his “Gulf Coast Offense”. Apparently, Tags don’t modify whatever excuse for an offensive philosophy he owns in order to suit his loaded up offense. Then there’s silence regarding the defense. Well, except the whole “the defense can only hold up so long” excuse.

The game announcers kept saying he needed to recruit different players to run his offense. So I guess he can't coach or tweak his offense to the players.

:dance: :stars: :sohappy: :yes:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those words from Abraham are more than damning.

He's just being racist, they all are. Taggart needs time to build relationships and get his guys in. Probably needs a contract extension to show support

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
“Former All-American and FSU Hall of Fame tight end Pat Carter added, "I SUPPORT Coach Taggart. Not because he’s black, but because he’s our coach.”

LOL If it’s not because he’s black then why bring it up?
I’m just glad they bring up race because every time they do it makes it soo much harder to fire him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One of my favorite parts is his preaching about developing a winning culture in the program. When he first walked into that locker room, every single player he faced already had a better college winning percentage than he does. By a considerable margin too.:lol:

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
One of my favorite parts is his preaching about developing a winning culture in the program. When he first walked into that locker room, every single player he faced already had a better college winning percentage than he does. By a considerable margin too.:lol:

And the players could all dance better than Taggelwain. And Fort Nite like champions.

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
“Former All-American and FSU Hall of Fame tight end Pat Carter added, "I SUPPORT Coach Taggart. Not because he’s black, but because he’s our coach.”

LOL If it’s not because he’s black then why bring it up?
I’m just glad they bring up race because every time they do it makes it soo much harder to fire him.
Exactly. His race is obviously a factor, or no one would mention it.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You need to have sympathy. It’s a grand emotion to have, to embrace and to use in your decision making process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.