Take me home

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Whew!

I was expecting some couch burning west virginia inbred listening to John Denver
west-virginia-burning-couch.jpg

This is much cooler. I'll allow it.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:bob:

@AlexDaGator, you don't like John Deutschendorf?

I don't like couch burning WVA fans.

I've encountered lots of fan bases in lots of places. Home, neutral site, and at their place--hated rivals, legendary programs, small programs, you name it.

The worst (easily) were WVA fans at the Sugar Bowl following the 1993 season.

I realized they had absolutely nothing else going for them. Nothing to tie their self-esteem to except a marginal program that put out a good team once or twice a decade. It was the kind of inferiority complex that made them want to prove themselves to you. I almost got into a half dozen fights in the Quarter the night before that game. They all had a chip on their shoulder and they were all looking for trouble.

Bad news. I'll be happy if we never play them again.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was there. Never saw any causing problems. Met two older couples and the men were contrite before the game. I was with my brother and he was always looking for an azzzhole from the opposition. The first bowl we played them (Peach) in the 80s I took the wife to Atlanta for that and she certainly provoked an entire section and they never flinched. Those WVU fans treated that bowl like the super bowl. They were beating our azzz, it was cold and Davy Crockett fired the gun after each score. My ex always got cold below 60 degrees and it was 40 and wet. We got up to leave and the big section of WVU fans were giddy. One said "WHAT does that F stand for (we had the OLD GATOR cowboy hats with the big F on them) she replied quite loudly "FFFCKKK YOU!!!!!" I thought for sure it was get rowdy with the fellas but they were dead silent. I had lots of fun at that Sugar Bowl. Eric Rhett jawed at that WVU LB all night after he jawed at Eric on the first play.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1981. I was at that game too Coach in the old Fulton County stadium. Losing in miserable cold wet and windy weather.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1981. I was at that game too Coach in the old Fulton County stadium. Losing in miserable cold wet and windy weather.
Jeez it was cold wet and miserable and those WVU fans were like Penguins in it. They were the happiest fans I ever saw.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Coach, you are LITERALLY the only non-WVA fan I've ever heard say something nice about WVA fans.

They wear tshirts with the unedited f word on full display--in front of kids, on national television, etc.

They burn couches.

They suck.

Alex.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Penn State fans idolize a pedophile. Can't get much lower than that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like couch burning WVA fans.

I've encountered lots of fan bases in lots of places. Home, neutral site, and at their place--hated rivals, legendary programs, small programs, you name it.

The worst (easily) were WVA fans at the Sugar Bowl following the 1993 season.

I realized they had absolutely nothing else going for them. Nothing to tie their self-esteem to except a marginal program that put out a good team once or twice a decade. It was the kind of inferiority complex that made them want to prove themselves to you. I almost got into a half dozen fights in the Quarter the night before that game. They all had a chip on their shoulder and they were all looking for trouble.

Bad news. I'll be happy if we never play them again.

Alex.

Major Harris? We punked them pretty good.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Major Harris? We punked them pretty good.

Darren Studstill and Jake Kelchner (they had 2 QBs share time).

Studstill was the one who got rocked, chinstrap in his ear hole, trying to take the snap from the guard, then throws the pick with the amazing return. Monte Grow on the hit, Lawrence Wright on the pick 6.

Rhett was a beast in that game too.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
IT was a joyous time to be a gator in the city of Jazz. Pass the beignets ...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.