Gator Baseball Take me out to the ball game!

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
He gone.

Been replaced by righty Leftwich.

Yep. I think one or two posters might have pointed out that this was coming a week or so ago. Dyson just keeps coming in and throwing these 30 pitch innings regularly. He seems to have lost a lot of control the past month or so. Hopefully this will help him turn it around!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator girls beat FSU 5-1 last night. We scored all 5 runs in the 6th inning. Go Gators!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well I just got home and see we trail USF 6-0 in the 2nd. So I go online and figured that Dyson would start. Well Dyson started and had another stellar performance. I think he lasted 1/3 of an inning and had 3 walks. It does not look good for him to turn it around for the tourney.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I just got home and see we trail USF 6-0 in the 2nd. So I go online and figured that Dyson would start. Well Dyson started and had another stellar performance. I think he lasted 1/3 of an inning and had 3 walks. It does not look good for him to turn it around for the tourney.
Damn, that’s a shame. Hope he can get his head right, or they can figure out what he’s doing different to be struggling with his control. We’re kind of counting on him, especially to be a leader for next season, after losing Singer and Kowar.
:doh:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I left tracking when we got behind so easily 6-0. Then come back in the 8th to see Gators lead 11-8.
Now that's fighting Gators. Still, we need to correct Kowar's fall-apart after 5-6 innings (just relieve him then) & correct Dyson's loss of accuracy. Sullivan time.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I was at the game and overall the pitching on both sides was bad. Dyson just has no confidence and has no idea where his pitches are going. The top of the 1st went like this - single, walk, pop out to SS, walk, double, walk. Dyson leaves down 2-0. Mace comes in and walks the 1st batter to force in a run, gives up a sac fly to drive in another run, then gets the 3rd out. Mace gives up 2 more runs of his own in the 2nd inning. We're down 6-0, then 8-4, before Jordan Butler pitched shutout 6th & 7th innings and Michael Byrne did the same for the 8th & 9th, while our bats score 7 unanswered off their bullpen. Deacon Liput had a big night with 3 hits, including a 3-run homer. Schwartz, Horvath and Brady Smith had 2 hits each and Reese hit a solo HR. They outhit us 14-13, but it was a 3 1/2 hour parade of pitchers. Just glad we got the win. USF can swing the bats.

Last edited:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Since this was the last of the "meaningless" games, I will be very nervous to see Dyson enter any contest from here on out. Dude is just broken.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Another great baseball season. SEC Champs and only a few wins away from the NC. I think it's gonna be really fun to see what our younger team looks like next year. GO Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.