Taven Bryan, come on down!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Coaches should be able to tell who the best players are. The best players should play no matter who their dad is, where they're from, what high school they played at, how many recruiting stars they had, or what class (frosh, soph, jr. sr.) they are in. That's easy to say but not so easy sometimes to institute in reality. I know that doesn't always happen in football, other sports, or in the work place.

Sometimes injuries or losses force a coach's hand to where he has to make a change.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best players should play no matter who their dad is, where they're from, what high school they played at, how many recruiting stars they had, or what class (frosh, soph, jr. sr.) they are in. That's easy to say but not so easy sometimes to institute in reality. I know that doesn't always happen in football, other sports, or in the work place.
Stop talking like a Republican

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Back to Bryan, he's just a sophomore, so maybe he's ready to take that next step. Time will tell I guess, but I have a feeling we're going to need him desperately next year.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
Big whitey from Wyoming was a force yesterday. 1.5 tackles for loss, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Where has he been? Maybe he needs to play more.

3* player, recruited by Brad Lawing.

Discuss.

USCFL1250
We miss Brad Lawing. Ridiculous coach and recruiter. That was a good pull. Awesome talent evaluations, and very low bust rate.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cmon, man! I'm sure you can find a truckload of dumber comments. You've got to give a new coach the benefit of the doubt (typically). Once a coach proves to be a muschump, that's another story.

In case anyone is trying to read between the lines - Mac has certainly given us reason to lose trust in him. I haven't given up on him, but my doubts are growing.

No, MC. "I trust the coaches" is lazy and ignorant. Might as well shut down the message boards if that's all somebody has to respond with. It's about discussion. Do you think Alabama and Ohio State fans talk about how many ways they "trust the coaches"? No, it's a discussion board.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No, MC. "I trust the coaches" is lazy and ignorant. Might as well shut down the message boards if that's all somebody has to respond with. It's about discussion. Do you think Alabama and Ohio State fans talk about how many ways they "trust the coaches"? No, it's a discussion board.

I don't completely disagree, however are you suggesting that discussion boards are 100% filled with rational people who don't occasionally require a little perspective? May I introduce you to an idiot named alvin? He's said enough stupidity to fill the library of congress that's way worse than "I trust the coaches."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bryan has played quite a bit over the last 2 years which is what it takes for most average players to start getting noticed.....One of our biggest problems with developing talent over the last few years has been the inability to blow out marginal opponents on a consistent basis allowing them to get game reps instead of just practice reps....there's a huge difference between the 2. We've all seen and heard of guys doing everything right at practice and then watch them be completely lost(McMillan) in games. Anybody remember Robey from the Urban days? Practice reports would have had him on the Remington watch list yet he bombed everytime he got into a game......

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bryan has played, but not stood out in his 2 yrs. I agree, the lack of playing with a good lead has limited the 2s from getting game time experience and visibility. This has hurt their development and skewed our (fan) perspective on their ability.

Would anyone say they trust the coaches if they'd have chosen to play more 2s through the season in close games and it cost us?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's clear that Appleby is better than LDR. And now Bryan. Jaawan Taylor? McCoy?

To all those "I trust the coaches" guys out there. Don't ever trust the coaches.
You realize everyone on that list with the exception of Bryan was brought here by McElwain? I'm not a huge Mac fan but criticizing a coach when backups (that were evaluated, recruited, and signed by the coach) succeed is a special kind of stupid.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhhh..... Yeah.... I suspect they have a lot of fans saying that..... as their coaches have proven "trust worthy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.