Taven Bryan, come on down!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Big whitey from Wyoming was a force yesterday. 1.5 tackles for loss, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Where has he been? Maybe he needs to play more.

3* player, recruited by Brad Lawing.

Discuss.

USCFL1250

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One positive to injuries is you are forced to get new players in there. Sometimes you find out they are better than the players they are replacing.

Our OL was full of backups and may have played their best game of the year.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think it's clear that Appleby is better than LDR. And now Bryan. Jaawan Taylor? McCoy?

To all those "I trust the coaches" guys out there. Don't ever trust the coaches.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
One positive to injuries is you are forced to get new players in there. Sometimes you find out they are better than the players they are replacing.

That's how Tom Brady got his shot, and the rest is history

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seniority in organizations is not always a good thing... for me, yesterday was a combination of pride for the youngsters effort/energy and surprise as to their effectiveness. We can only hope that we have a buried gem at QB in the same vane as what we discovered yesterday.

Gatorjunky47

Jan 19, 2016
If the players don't show a spark in practice, the coaches won't give then a shot in a game. The bad thing to that is some players are just gamers.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I totally agree with this. I have been very critical of Somers and the OL at times. But it has been a steady and sometimes slow improvement but I see promise there as we go forward.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously we're facing far superior athletes next week. We'll see what some of these guys are made of.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As Law said, Bryan has played a lot of snaps the past two seasons. I'm not one to claim I know much about football, but he seems like a solid dude to me

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think it's clear that Appleby is better than LDR. And now Bryan. Jaawan Taylor? McCoy?

To all those "I trust the coaches" guys out there. Don't ever trust the coaches.

Great post. "I trust the coaches" is the stupidest comment in the history of sports message boards.

Bryan will be a starter next year. Hopefully McCoy will be too. We need a new OL coach, a new ST's coach, and hopefully a new OC.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As Law said, Bryan has played a lot of snaps the past two seasons. I'm not one to claim I know much about football, but he seems like a solid dude to me
From what I have seen, he is not bad. He would at least not be on the ground always and kept people off the line backers.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great post. "I trust the coaches" is the stupidest comment in the history of sports message boards.

Bryan will be a starter next year. Hopefully McCoy will be too. We need a new OL coach, a new ST's coach, and hopefully a new OC.

Anyone think Kerwin Bell would work at OC ? He'd certainly have that Gator fieriness that's missing??
Also, think how solid it'd be to have KBell back with Spurrier around - KB would certainly know what
to make useful of the info SOS could impart. Perhaps, Bell would serve us as a younger Spurrier --
-- something we need.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, as to the OP topic, I think by our backups yielding no "fall-off" shows that the rule of roster
is awash with coaching cowardice. Exigencies forced backups to be relied upon, showing our
coach evaluators have lied and relied to themselves. Vs USCe these Gator-boys added true-use
depth to our team that never would have been even discovered, much less proven strengthening.
Hopefully, our backups have shown our "trusted-coaches" something about developing the
strongest, most competitive team.

Now, coaches need to develop & instill a roaring "out-of-the-lockerroom" 3rdQ dominance.
Start unwaiting for next year this year.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how long Dak Prescot would have ridden the pine if Romo hadn't developed another lump in his breast?

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bryan is good, but not better than Brantley or Ivie (when he's healthy ). Not sure why he would be used in this "coaches are playing the wrong guys" argument. If you haven't noticed Bryan before, it's because you haven't been paying attention. He's played a bunch

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Cmon, man! I'm sure you can find a truckload of dumber comments. You've got to give a new coach the benefit of the doubt (typically). Once a coach proves to be a muschump, that's another story.

In case anyone is trying to read between the lines - Mac has certainly given us reason to lose trust in him. I haven't given up on him, but my doubts are growing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.