Tears of joy: Dan Mullen Fired

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
y44xali.0.jpg

Not at you, GGG- that awful, gouge my eyes out, I can't un-see that photo. No one wants to see that.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Everyone thought the Zooker left the cupboard bare. Meyer did pretty well with that roster, IIRC.

I do not agree with that. Most knew there was some talent here, but that Zook was an awful coach which he was. I mean Marcus Thomas was here, Jarvis Moss (although could not figure out his issue at the time) Joe
Cohen, Steven Harris, Brandon Siler, etc. on defense. Meyer was a good coach who could figure out how to use guys like Cohen and Harris and Brian Crum, Earl Everett etc. And on offense there was Leak, Wynn, Baker, Caldwell, Cornelius, etc. The Oline was very weak like the current one, but Meyer made it work. This team has much less talent than when Meyer took over in 2005

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Nothing like some free shoe u love for a weekend in the swamp!
To me it's a no-brainer. The choice is obvious. No time to put in a whole new offense, and there's no one here to run the old one.

We have two capable quarterbacks and we have a Coach who is renowned for his improvisational play-calling, and drawing 'em up in the dirt.

Bring back the rotating-two-head-QB that we used to beat the Noles in 1997 with Fat Dog & Doug, only this time with EJ & AR. While one is on the field, the other is getting the next play from the HBC.

Imagine all the plays he's been thinking up all this time.

Help us, Obi Wan Olballcoach. You're our only hope.

steve-spurrier-desk-inline.webp

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer may go back to college football but it isn't here. He left here to go to a place that would actually allow him to compete with Trailerbammer, provide him the resources he needed. he also doesn't do rebuilds. Losing is to hard on him.

Not a chance in hell.
I now know what he meant about a broken program.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
To me it's a no-brainer. The choice is obvious. No time to put in a whole new offense, and there's no one here to run the old one.

We have two capable quarterbacks and we have a Coach who is renowned for his improvisational play-calling, and drawing 'em up in the dirt.

Bring back the rotating-two-head-QB that we used to beat the Noles in 1997 with Fat Dog & Doug, only this time with EJ & AR. While one is on the field, the other is getting the next play from the HBC.

Imagine all the plays he's been thinking up all this time.

Help us, Obi Wan Olballcoach. You're our only hope.

steve-spurrier-desk-inline.webp
There is no doubt he's a better play caller than Knox.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
And I swore I'd never again set foot on campus if Kiffin was ever considered for our HC. Much like the discussion about Japs vs Japanese. Times change I guess.
According to my uncles who fought them in the Pacific, it was properly expressed as "Jap Bastards." One was Army and one was Navy and they didn't agree on much - but the did agree on that.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I do not agree with that. Most knew there was some talent here, but that Zook was an awful coach which he was. I mean Marcus Thomas was here, Jarvis Moss (although could not figure out his issue at the time) Joe
Cohen, Steven Harris, Brandon Siler, etc. on defense. Meyer was a good coach who could figure out how to use guys like Cohen and Harris and Brian Crum, Earl Everett etc. And on offense there was Leak, Wynn, Baker, Caldwell, Cornelius, etc. The Oline was very weak like the current one, but Meyer made it work. This team has much less talent than when Meyer took over in 2005

So true. The talent level at UF today cannot compare to what Urban inherited. That team had a lot of elite players, and a very cohesive defensive core that could provide stability for the entire program to build upon. This team? Nope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So true. The talent level at UF today cannot compare to what Urban inherited. That team had a lot of elite players, and a very cohesive defensive core that could provide stability for the entire program to build upon. This team? Nope.
There are probably 6-8 kids on the roster that would have been on SOS, Zook, or Urban's roster.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just finished the AD presser and on cue one of my old friends sent this…

upload_2021-11-21_17-46-31.jpeg

Sadly, I have complete confidence that if Stricklin is in solo command of this task, we might well expect another screw up. He talked big, HE made the decision to release Mullen this morning, etc., but my hope is that there are some greater minds and $$$ behind the scenes. We’ll see…

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course there's no doubt. We got some Fuchsticks here who still seem to want to lose the game for some reason. Mullen is gone, a W doesn't have a downside anymore. Maybe they think we'll get the first pick in the draft? :rolleyes:
I predict we win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator