Tebow as commentator

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Watching Tim on the SEC network. He works hard at his job and does it well. Studies a lot of film. Thought he analyzed Notre Dame brilliantly. He should either get into coaching or be moved up by bspn. Did make one mistake: allowed his face to reflect his unhappiness with the thoughts of a fellow analyst.
I doubted that Tebow would be good at this, but I was wrong.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How could you have doubted TT in anything? Is there anything the guy commits himself to that he doesn’t do well? I fully expect to see him on an NHL roster soon.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
fully expect to see him on an NHL roster soon.
tim.tebow.hockey.cropped.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He won't do anything until he stops playing baseball....and you have to wonder how much longer that will go on.

I'd prefer to see him as a coach...but it certainly doesn't hurt to have him on the SEC Network w/ as many UF grads as possible.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Tebow would be fun to see as a coach. I bet he would be an incredible recruiter.
Not sure how his shtick would go over in certain schools. But at UF, Tim would almost be able to hand pick recruits. Can't imagine a scenario where Tebow meets with a kid and that kid doesn't instantly put UF in his top 3. For those insisting we win the state back, in recruiting, there's your answer.

I don't see it ever happening, however. He's being paid better than assistant coaches.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He’s up to AAA in baseball, so he will probably ride that train for at least 2 more years.

I hate to put Tim down in anything, because he is THE MAN, but...

I don’t particularly like him when he’s on the air. While his analysis is on point, and WAY better than Danny Kannel et al in that area, his delivery lacks. It has no flow, and it seems forced. Given his work ethic, im sure it will improve.

But right now, he’s not on par with Romo, Witten, and other new broadcasters.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He’s up to AAA in baseball, so he will probably ride that train for at least 2 more years.

I don’t particularly like him when he’s on the air. While his analysis is on point, and WAY better than Danny Kannel et al in that area, his delivery lacks. It has no flow, and it seems forced. Given his work ethic, im sure it will improve.

I don't disagree, but his analysis is, imo, is very good. Yeah, it's too earnest; he needs to lose the sincerity.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Once the baseball gig ends, Mullen makes him QB coach. Imagine having him in living rooms on home visits.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep being honest he is not that natural doing the stuff. It reminds me of this at times.

svFQuTrchzlXNukaRTAsa8TSmToEmLuY_598x414.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not sure how his shtick would go over in certain schools. But at UF, Tim would almost be able to hand pick recruits. Can't imagine a scenario where Tebow meets with a kid and that kid doesn't instantly put UF in his top 3. For those insisting we win the state back, in recruiting, there's your answer.

I don't see it ever happening, however. He's being paid better than assistant coaches.

He’s an amazing guy - one of the greatest all-round people I’ve ever seen. I don’t doubt that he would put whatever work in he needed to excel as a coach, but I expect he’d get frustrated when his players didn’t feel or adopt an internal drive like his. Of course, he is infectious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator