Tebow buys $3 million home in Jacksonville

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Heisman trophy winner pays $2.99 million for property in Glen Kernan Golf & Country Club.

Tim Tebow buys another house in Jacksonville | Jax Daily Record | Financial News & Daily Record - Jacksonville, Florida

249207_standard.jpeg

Former Florida Gators quarterback, current Syracuse Mets left fielder and international philanthropist Tim Tebow bought another house in the gated Glen Kernan Golf & Country Club in South Jacksonville.

Duval County Clerk of Courts records show Tebow paid $2.99 million for an almost 8,300-square-foot, two-story house on 1.49 acres, according to the deed recorded Tuesday with the Duval County Clerk of Courts.

He bought the property June 28 from Benjamin and Roxanne Epstein. Bank of America issued an almost $2.4 million mortgage.

The house, built in 2016, comprises five bedrooms, a wine room, home theater and entertainment room, a saltwater pool, outside living and entertainment spaces and a five-car garage, among other features.

In June 2014, Tebow paid $1.4 million for a smaller two-story house in Glen Kernan. The property continues to be listed in his name on the Duval County Property Appraiser website.

Tebow is engaged to South African model and Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters.

Tebow, 31, was a star Nease High School football player in St. Johns County before signing with the University of Florida. The two-time national champion and Heisman trophy winner also is a football analyst for the SEC Network.

He played three years in the NFL with the Denver Broncos, New York Jets and New England Patriots.

He has been in the New York Mets minor-league system since 2016.

Tebow was born in the Philippines to Baptist missionaries and grew up in Florida.

In 2012, Tebow founded the Tim Tebow Foundation that supports those in need worldwide. Events include the Night to Shine celebratory proms for people with special needs.

The foundation is based in Jacksonville.

249210_standard.png

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He put down the minimum to avoid PMI.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he also considered all the other critical factors. You know, tax, inflation, dollar/yen, etc.

I'd hate to see him end up like someone else...
Tim's obviously making good jack at ESPN to be able to pass the debt-to-income ratio test at that level. Maybe he can float a few hundred to AP.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly not my style at all. Like the layout of the house but the finishings are too cold and industrial for my taste. Also, for 3m bucks I'm not gonna buy a house with a neighbor that basically looks right into my backyard.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Honestly not my style at all. Like the layout of the house but the finishings are too cold and industrial for my taste. Also, for 3m bucks I'm not gonna buy a house with a neighbor that basically looks right into my backyard.

Place is definitely nice, but I agree for $3 million it's not as impressive. For $3 mil I'd want waterfront/oceanfront. He's in a neighborhood that's nice, but the location isn't great - and it's not waterfront and not even at the beaches. The house next door (in the zillow link) is about 1.5 times bigger too and pretty damn close.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You said almost word for word what my wife and I said as we looked at the pictures especially the neighbor comment.
If I am going to have 8200 sq. ft. I must have enough yard space for some privacy. The last thing I want to do is walk out to my pool and have to say hello to my neighbor. If I wanted to see my neighbor when I am poolside, I would invite them over.
Notice that the lot next door is vacant which means he will have another neighbor right on top of him very soon.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow's net worth is somewhere between 4 and 10 million. His fiancee has a net worth estimated as high as 5 million but probably somewhat less. No idea what a CFB analyst makes but I'd imagine he'll keep making enough money to keep the lights on.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I will never forget Atlanta in the early 80s. My brother lived there and said lets me show you a neighborhood of new million dollar homes. He was installing stairs back then. These big asss houses were so close to each other you could almost reach out your window and touch the neighbors. All that money for NO Land.........
as for Timmy the boy has done fine with without the no fun league

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Speaking of Tebow's finances, I wonder how his PDQ restaurants are doing? I know he was planning to open quite a few of them but most the articles I see on Google are a few years old or older. Hopefully these have been fruitful investments for he and his partners.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I love Tebow but how in the hell is a minor leaguer able to afford a 3 mil home?
Yeah do people forget he made quite a bit of money in the NFL? :crazy: Endorsements, ESPN, and on and on. He's done quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.