Tebow Wins The Phoenix Open....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tebows shot was like 13' from the pin. The next closest was last year's winner and he was 34' away. Happiness for
Tebow and his purposeful life….. and long live the gator chomp in other far public arenas. Thanks Tim.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's living right but he's still built to play. I wish someone would give him a chance.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think the Phoenix open is one of my favorite tournaments every year. Especially that 16th hole and all the hecklers. Watching professional golfers that are used to complete silence either choke or succeed there when everyone is yelling at them is great. Obviously Tebow didn't mind the crowd noise.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n161937]He's living right but he's still built to play. I wish someone would give him a chance. [/QUOTE]

THIS x infinity. Purely religious discrimnation.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was 11' 3" from the pin. Nobody else got even close to that distance. I believe he actually Gator chomped Urban.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
itsgr82bag8r;n162168 said:
It was 11' 3" from the pin. Nobody else got even close to that distance. I believe he actually Gator chomped Urban.
Glad somebody found a video.

Tim's swing looked pretty good. Nice easy backswing, on plane coming back down, a little stiff in the follow-through (Probably due to being 235lbs. of ripped muscle).

Wonder if he put as much time into golf as he did with football how good he would be? I know he hits it a mile.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n162165 said:

Yep, cause he's the only religious player to ever play in the NFL.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Great for him and his charity. He is much better off now than when he was in the league and as he would agree if it was in the plan it would happen.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n162225 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

Yep, cause he's the only religious player to ever play in the NFL.

No little boy, but he unquestionably received the most intense scrutiny because of his faith than any past player in the NFL, ever. Care to make another stupid comment?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;162544 said:
No little boy, but he unquestionably received the most intense scrutiny because of his faith than any past player in the NFL, ever. Care to make another stupid comment?

Why on earth would that comment piss you off like that?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n162544 said:

Well sh*t, it's a good thing Kurt Warner wasn't openly religious, he may never have been given a shot to be a Super Bowl MVP/League MVP/Future HOFer after bagging groceries in Iowa and playing Arena League ball.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n162927 said:
Well sh*t, it's a good thing Kurt Warner wasn't openly religious, he may never have been given a shot to be a Super Bowl MVP/League MVP/Future HOFer after bagging groceries in Iowa and playing Arena League ball.

Well it would appear to once again a communications issue. The idea that Tim got attention due to his religious activities has nothing to do with some other player not getting as much attention for his. Of course there have been several (perhaps many) players who have been open with their religion, but none have gotten the attention that Tim did.

It has been openly admitted that some teams did not want the circus that was created and that might be a portion of the reason that he has no spot. That said if his skills were like one of the top QBs in the NFL he would have a spot no question.

After all we have a poor QB who killed dogs get a place, and a but fumble QB as well for just two examples.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n162981 said:
Well it would appear to once again a communications issue. The idea that Tim got attention due to his religious activities has nothing to do with some other player not getting as much attention for his. Of course there have been several (perhaps many) players who have been open with their religion, but none have gotten the attention that Tim did.

It has been openly admitted that some teams did not want the circus that was created and that might be a portion of the reason that he has no spot. That said if his skills were like one of the top QBs in the NFL he would have a spot no question.

After all we have a poor QB who killed dogs get a place, and a but fumble QB as well for just two examples.

Tebow was a legend with a cult following long before people knew how religious he was. Hell, people were rewriting Chuck Norris jokes with Tebow's name when he was a freshman. Then he won the Heisman and a 2nd national championship, had the speech after Ole Miss, and became an even bigger legend. Not only that, he was a QB who looked like a linebacker and obliterated college defenses with ease. Then he had the miracle season with Denver. All of that is the genesis of his media attention. He's a big personality with a big fanbase, and the media over-exploited it.

You really think that three separate NFL franchises gave him a chance and sent him packing because he prays a lot? Owners don't give a sh*t about that. If you can pass drug tests and make it through the day without physically abusing members of your family, they'll keep you on the roster as long as you're an NFL caliber player.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n163147 said:
Tebow was a legend with a cult following long before people knew how religious he was. Hell, people were rewriting Chuck Norris jokes with Tebow's name when he was a freshman. Then he won the Heisman and a 2nd national championship, had the speech after Ole Miss, and became an even bigger legend. Not only that, he was a QB who looked like a linebacker and obliterated college defenses with ease. Then he had the miracle season with Denver. All of that is the genesis of his media attention. He's a big personality with a big fanbase, and the media over-exploited it.

You really think that three separate NFL franchises gave him a chance and sent him packing because he prays a lot? Owners don't give a sh*t about that. If you can pass drug tests and make it through the day without physically abusing members of your family, they'll keep you on the roster as long as you're an NFL caliber player.

Here I thought that all the owners were part of some satanic cult. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Reggie White was called the Minister of Defense because he was.............a minister. So someone as openly religious as a minister wasn't blackballed from the NFL, but the difference there is the player was a HOFer. Sense a pattern here?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n163184 said:
Here I thought that all the owners were part of some satanic cult. :lol:
Have you seen Goodell's cat?!
01bbd0_37f6b760383eb7ec2b7f6dd283a2b447.gif_512

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n162807 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r

Why on earth would that comment piss you off like that?

Oh, I don't know.

Maybe it was the flippant response. Maybe it was the intended insult of his post. Maybe I'm simply chaneling someones PMS. Pick one. It doesn't matter to me.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n163147 said:
Originally posted by VulcanAlex View Post

So, all the surrounding "noise" about his faith from the media, and even other active players, had nothing to do with it? That's what you're saying? All the talk about the "distraction" he was because of his faith.... Choose your response carefully or your argument will crumble.

I bet that if he'd been a wife-beater he'd still be in the league. It's obvious based on the large number of terrible backup & starting QB's in the NFL, those without even a whiff of the post season much less a win, that owners view player skill as not much of a factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb