Gator Basketball Tell us what you like about Mike White

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The other SEC teams have 4-5 guys 6'10" or taller. With their "trend awareness" no telling how many bigs they've got coming in.? White's got one big coming in for Florida ... and that's the freshman foundation we're all sure of and excited for. The squad that shows how super-White can really coach Florida back to prominence.??

We've got to put a speed-dribbler on the court.
We've got to have 2 more new 6'9"ers+ in next year. The other SEC teams have 4-5 talls already in place getting practice & experience. And surely more than one new tall coming in. We fall behind off the court, we fall behind on the court.

So you’re looking for us to have a team make-up and style similar to Nevada. Good call. In the Big Dance, they made it all the way to the ... uh, never mind.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok so who do we hire now that White is basically fired and we have no chance to do anything with him? Gregg Marshall and Archie Miller got to the NIT this year so they should be cheap. Sean Miller on his way out at Arizona it looks like. Scott Drew at Baylor about to get a raise so he is out. What hot name is out there now? I wish we had the sports almanac so we could see how the roster and season plays out next season.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
White has one year left. I am interested to see IF he can once again make Bball exciting once again

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
White has one year left. I am interested to see IF he can once again make Bball exciting once again
Our points production has steadily and significantly declined since he arrived, which leads to the obvious question: What's different and what's the same?

Different: he's coaching his players vs. Donovan's
Same: the coaching

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Do great next season with a top recruiting class that is to get even better...or it's time to move on. Mike Miller is ripe to make the transition to HC and he would be perfect imo. All comes down to next season

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ya'll chill for one more year, it'll take care of itself.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I like that he's a nice guy.

I like that he dresses nice.

I like that he has a nice hair cut.

I like that he's not fat.

I like that he doesn't talk crap.

What am I missing ? :scratchchin:

I like that when he had better players we played better and won more.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I like that, despite not being the athletic department’s cash cow, he is carrying his weight in driving up the clicks and views on this site. Without him, a million might not be possible.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he knows a lot more about BBall than I do. Of course that ain't saying much...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Our points production has steadily and significantly declined since he arrived, which leads to the obvious question: What's different and what's the same?

Different: he's coaching his players vs. Donovan's
Same: the coaching

Hayes, Allen and (I think) Stone we’re all recruited by Billy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hayes, Allen and (I think) Stone we’re all recruited by Billy.
Impressive that after five years on the job the current coach is still leaning on the former coach for his sole big-man presence.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What will make you happy though about next season though? Sweet 16? Elite 8? Final 4? New roster coming in so its going to be a completely different team. Don't know who will transfer and who may or may not get injured. We will probably start unranked again which is fine so we will be able to surprise some folks even ourselves here. I think we win 24 games and then anything can happen in the tourney. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.