Tennessee is in shambles; Embarrassing autocorrect on Twitter feed

Jul 11, 2019
Looks like old Smokey is afraid to show his face. I'm a lifelong Gator since living in Flavet 1 when I was 5. Dad, Brother, Son all Gator grads. I got a BA and JD,\ at UF 64-71 but now living in Knoxville to be close to kids and grandkids. This place is a gator hater town, but still lots of Gators stand up to them, even my grandson who went to their Spring Game in Gator Colors, and got kicked out. He wears his Gator colors to school on the Friday before game day. They serve gator meat specials at restaurants during game week, hang Gators from the put-put golf dinos, and are generally obnoxious. I am so looking forward to shutting them up for another year when we beat their butts in September in the Swamp. It's been a while since I was in the swamp singing Rocky Top and rattling keys during a Gator victory celebration, but I will be with the Gator Club celebrating this year.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators scored 4 times last year less than 20 as follows...
16 (KY) L
13 (Ms St.) W
17 (UGA) L
17 (Mizz) L

The rest were all above 27 and five of those were 40 or above.

:drunk:

Jul 11, 2019
Here is how bad it is in Knoxville. On the Knox Sentinel sports page this morning, the lead sports writer had a column about SEC Media Days entitled: "Five Things Jeremy Pruitt should say at SEC Media days but won't." My favorite: "Tennessee going to beat Alabama. Just not this year. We are focused on Vanderbilt."

Jul 11, 2019
Oh, and my second favorite thing Jeremy Pruitt should say at SEC Media days but won't, according to John Adams, lead writer for Knoxville Sentinel Sports, "Does anyone truly care what shoes Dan Mullen wears? I don't know who to feel sorriest for, Jeremy Pruitt, who obviously does not understand how clever Dan Mullen is, or John Adams, the sports writer, who can't come up with a better Sunday column before Sec Media Days...

Jul 11, 2019
Here in Knoxville the Gators are so hated that Gators get lots of coverage in the Sports section. Losing to the Gators is their barometer of how bad their football program has become since their one big glory day with Phil Fulmer. Even The Head Ball Coach got a big write up when he was inducted into the College Sports Hall of Fame with Peyton Manning a couple of years ago. Peyton Manning is opening a new bar in Knoxville so the vol fans can drink their sorrows away.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
This is so true. Here in Kingsport ppl absolutely hate the Gators. There entire football existence is based on if they beat us. I love it!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Wife and I just spent a few days driving from ATL up thru the smokies to check out Knoxville. Plan was to check their campus and then either cruise up to check out Lexington or cut the trip short and head home thru VA. We drove around town, spent some time in their walk-around-square area with shops and restaurants, it was decent and reminded her of her time at UVA. But for the campus itself, f'n ugly. We couldn't get in the stadium to check it out, but we walked all the way around. It looks like all the ticket windows are from the 40's and 50's, something most HS's have moved past, and it was somewhat funny looking up at their upper seating from the outside. Joke Campbell is known as the erector set, and we both know BHG with the massive concrete in comparison which supports the upper seating all around. At UT it looked like someone just added upper seating and stuck tinker toy rods and hubs to hold it up. Pretty comical. Driving around the rest of it was very blah, not even up to meh standards, IMO. We did check out the World's Fair park in Knoxville, waved at the Sun Sphere, and booked it out of town. We'll plan to make a trip someday to watch the Gators win, but the college experience was underwhelming there.

We cut the trip short, stayed at VT on the way home to PA. Have to say, much better campus. As a bonus, it was orientation day so the basketball arena was open, with halls connecting to the athletic offices, a tunnel over to the indoor facility, and the stadium was also open. Nice program, nice facilities but not over the top or awesome. Campus itself was much more enjoyable than UT as well. Maybe we'll take a trip there sometime as we do love college football.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Wife and I just spent a few days driving from ATL up thru the smokies to check out Knoxville. Plan was to check their campus and then either cruise up to check out Lexington or cut the trip short and head home thru VA. We drove around town, spent some time in their walk-around-square area with shops and restaurants, it was decent and reminded her of her time at UVA. But for the campus itself, f'n ugly. We couldn't get in the stadium to check it out, but we walked all the way around. It looks like all the ticket windows are from the 40's and 50's, something most HS's have moved past, and it was somewhat funny looking up at their upper seating from the outside. Joke Campbell is known as the erector set, and we both know BHG with the massive concrete in comparison which supports the upper seating all around. At UT it looked like someone just added upper seating and stuck tinker toy rods and hubs to hold it up. Pretty comical. Driving around the rest of it was very blah, not even up to meh standards, IMO. We did check out the World's Fair park in Knoxville, waved at the Sun Sphere, and booked it out of town. We'll plan to make a trip someday to watch the Gators win, but the college experience was underwhelming there.

We cut the trip short, stayed at VT on the way home to PA. Have to say, much better campus. As a bonus, it was orientation day so the basketball arena was open, with halls connecting to the athletic offices, a tunnel over to the indoor facility, and the stadium was also open. Nice program, nice facilities but not over the top or awesome. Campus itself was much more enjoyable than UT as well. Maybe we'll take a trip there sometime as we do love college football.
My sis went to VT. Great campus and beautiful area. My son gave it a lot of consideration before picking UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
''Hopefully this next week we can get to junior high and the next week we can get like we're in high school and eventually be on the college level before the season's over with ... just in knowing those things,'' Pruitt said.

I think Pruitt was the first to break the unsound barrier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is absolutely zero reason to think they arent going to be the same garbage team they are every year.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
There is absolutely zero reason to think they arent going to be the same garbage team they are every year.
I love that they’ve decided to try and emulate Bama and UGA. It’s like they didn’t watch Florida the last decade. Best bet would be to try and copy Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or WV, Purdue or Syracuse.

Those sideways passing offenses (Mumme or the Pirate) don't threaten too many teams.

Hell Rich Rodriguez is available. He's not much of a head coach but he can be a pretty decent offensive coordinator for somebody.

They hired that garbage from Georgia who runs around claiming that he taught Mullinz and CUM offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So how do you feel about your boy, Brohm, now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.